5by5 is a rather strange and peculiar resource pack that comes with a few distinct visual characteristics that you simply do not see in traditional Minecraft packs. However, thanks to these distinct characteristics, the pack gives off a very unique and refreshing look, and you’ll certainly appreciate using it if you’re tired of all the traditional resource packs and want something that’s out of the ordinary. One thing worth noting is that, alongside being unique, the pack’s textures are actually really high quality and it’ll certainly elevate the visuals of your Minecraft world to a whole new level.
The one visual characteristic that’s pretty much the basis of this entire resource pack is that all the block textures in 5by5 have 5 by 5 dots on them. This collection of 5 by 5 dots on the textures makes them look incredibly unique, and it’s something that you’ll actually come to enjoy quite a lot once you’ve used this pack for a while. Alongside the dots, the color palette of the 5by5 pack is quite vibrant, and the textures look extremely clean since noise seems to be completely absent from them. It’s worth mentioning that the pack’s textures don’t really carry a lot of detail in them, but this seems to be a negligible issue in this particular pack since it has a variety of other intriguing characteristics that more than make up for it.
The 5by5 resource pack has a resolution of x32 which is slightly higher than the usual x16 that a lot of Minecraft packs come with but, as long as your PC can handle vanilla Minecraft without frame-rate drops, we can say with a high degree of certainty that it’ll be able to run this resource pack just fine as well. The 5by5 pack is at 100% completion, and this is great since you won’t need to worry about any missing textures.
5by5 Resource Pack Update Logs
- Added Custom Ore Textures
- Added Custom Stone, Andesite, Granite and Diorite Textures
- Added Observer Block texture
- Added Magma Block texture
- Added Colored Shulker and Shulker Box textures
- Changed Piston, Dispenser and Dropper textures
- Changed Wooden Planks Textures (less saturated)
- Removed old blocky flower models (figuring out what to do)
How to install 5by5 Resource Pack?
- Start Minecraft.
- Click “Options” in the start menu.
- Click “resource packs” in the options menu.
- In the resource packs menu, click “Open resource pack folder”.
- Put the .zip file you downloaded in the resource pack folder.
Download Link for 5by5 Resource Pack
for Minecraft 1.11.X