The Abandoned Mine map for Minecraft allows players to embark on an epic adventure in which they must slay a dragon that’s recently started attacking an old diamond mine. It’s a high-quality survival map that has a very well crafted environment, solid gameplay and even a sort of miniature achievement system backing it up so overall it’s definitely one of the higher quality survival maps available as of right now. It’s been downloaded close to 10,000 times ever since its release which was roughly two months ago which is a pretty impressive amount and speaks volumes to the quality of this map.
Since the Abandoned Mine map is a survival map, after all, you’ll have a limited amount of supplies at your disposal, so you need to utilize each and every one of them with utmost efficiency if you want to make it through to the very end. The map consists of a total of six dungeons, each one of these dungeons is underwater, and every dungeon is more challenging than the one before it, so you need to bring your A-game to this map. Each dungeon also has ender eyes at the very end that you’ll need to progress further.
Once you’ve gotten the hold of all the ender eyes from the dungeons of the Abandoned Mine map, you’ll be able to use them to activate the portal that will take you to the dragon. The final dragon fight is very well executed and you might die a few times in it as well because it’s quite challenging but it’s very enjoyable nonetheless. The ending of the map is very satisfying and makes it well worth all the effort that you’ll put into it. Finally, the map doesn’t have any major noticeable bugs or glitches either so your experience should be a smooth one.
Abandoned Mine Map Achievements
- Make a farm: sheep, chickens, pigs and cows.
- Find the nether portal.
- Find the dungeon.
- Make a potion of water breathing and night vision.
- Make an enchantment table.
How to install Abandoned Mine Map?
- Press the Windows or Start button, then press R. This will open the Run prompt.
- Type %appdata% into the prompt and run the command.
- A folder filled with other folders will now open. Just find the Minecraft folder among these and open it.
- In .minecraft you will find another folder, saves. Unzip and move your world file into this folder and you’re all done.
Download Link for Abandoned Mine Map
for Minecraft 1.9.X and old versions