The Before Dusk resource pack is another medieval style pack for Minecraft. Over the years, Minecraft has seen multitudes of different kinds of resource packs and perhaps the most common type have been the medieval styled packs. These are so popular mainly due to the fact that they make the game world look much more appealing than its usual self by enhancing the textures in various ways. Although there have been many great medieval style packs in the past, the Before Dusk pack is definitely one of the absolute best out there for a variety of different reasons.
The pack has been designed by AmazingMinecraft who states that the Before Dusk resource pack was originally meant to be an x16 pack but eventually it evolved into an x32 pack and stayed that way because it looked so much sharper on the higher resolution. Some of the key characteristics of this mod are that it brightens up the colors are bit, improves the sharpness of the textures and makes the in-game terrain look much more detailed. Although the colors are actually brighter in this pack, it still feels rather gloomy at times due to its overall style.
Unlike most resource packs out there today, the Before Dusk pack doesn’t need MCPatcher in order to function however it is recommended that you use it because it can improve the visual quality significantly. If you use MCPatcher, you will enable some really awesome stuff like detailed hieroglyphics on the sandstone pillars, better colors and much more that will enhance the game’s visuals to a whole new level and therefore make the experience much more enjoyable and immersive. Some things that you can expect from this pack in the future are biome specific textures and various other improvements as well.
Before Dusk Resource Pack for Minecraft Changelogs
v1.8 for Minecraft 1.10:
- Added tall fern (double)
- Added normal rails (straight and curved)
- Added activator rail
- Added detector rail
- Added golden rail
- Added stone brick CTM
- New spruce planks
- New jungle planks
- New dark oak planks
- New spruce door
- New acacia door
- New birch door
- New dark oak door
- New jungle door
- New stone slabs
- New anvil (base and top stages)
- New bricks (shading and colours)
- New leaves (every leaf type)
- New mossy stone bricks
- Fixed birch plank CTM error
- Edited grass colours (biomes)
- Edited sky colours (biomes)
- Edited fog colours (biomes)
- Edited iron bars (shading)
- Edited bedrock (shading)
- Edited endstone (shading)
- Edited gravel (new colours)
- Edited grass side (new colours)
- Edited dirt (new colours)
- Edited grass path (new colours)
- Edited snowy grass side (new colours)
How to install Before Dusk Resource Pack?
- Start Minecraft.
- Click “Options” in the start menu.
- Click “resource packs” in the options menu.
- In the resource packs menu, click “Open resource pack folder”.
- Put the .zip file you downloaded in the resource pack folder.
Download Links for Before Dusk Resource Pack
for Minecraft 1.10