Are you one of those Minecraft players who’s been around ever since the beta stages of the game and has seen it go through multitudes of changes over the years? If so, you’ll probably appreciate the Beta Days mod quite a lot because of the unique functionality that it brings to the game. The mod has been targeted specifically at players who want to go back to the early days of Minecraft and experience what the game was like before it become a worldwide phenomenon. Of course, it goes without saying that the mod won’t completely rework the game and make it exactly like it was during beta but, nonetheless, it still does a pretty good job.
Installing the Beta Days mod will basically give you access to a whole bunch of commands that you can enable and disable in order to make your Minecraft more like beta Minecraft. You can completely revamp the HUD to make it look like the old HUD, you can disable or enable combat cooldowns, you can disable sprinting because there was no sprinting back in beta days, you can disable health regeneration through food consumption, and you can even revert bow mechanics to the old ones. The quick shot bows are great fun to use and are definitely the big highlight of this mod due to how enjoyable they are. All the mod’s features can be enabled and disabled according to your preferences, so you won’t have to keep them all on simultaneously.
One important thing to note about the Beta Days mod is that it’s fully compatible with all other mods, so you won’t need to worry about disrupting the functionality of other mods by installing this one. The mod’s multiplayer compatible as well so, if you’re playing on a server, you won’t be bothered for using it.
- /oldHUD <Player> true/false (Sets if the player should use the old HUD or not)
- /disableCombatCooldown <Player> true/false (Sets if the cool-down should be used or not)
- /disableSprinting <Player> true/false (Sets if the player can sprint or not)
- /disableHunger <Player> true/false (Sets if the player should heal health if eating food)
- /oldBow <Player> true/false (Sets if the player should use the old bow mechanic or not)
- No sprinting
- Instant food consumption
- Quick shot bows
- Old-style HUD
- Works with other mods
- Disabling combat cool-down
Beta Days Mod for Minecraft 1.10.2 and 1.9.4 Changelogs
- Removed Config.
- All options now command based.
How to install Beta Days Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.
Download Links for Beta Days Mod
for Minecraft 1.10.2
for Minecraft 1.9.4
for Minecraft 1.8.9
Credit: 115kino – Original Thread on CursForge