Better Animal Models is a mod that remedies a key issue that’s been around in Minecraft for quite some time. Minecraft’s visuals definitely have some highlight moments from time to time, but one aspect of this game’s visuals that’s always been rather lackluster is the design of some of the game’s common in-game animals like the chickens, cows, and pigs. As the name suggests, though, Better Animal Models replaces the models of these common animals with significantly improved versions of themselves, and this helps enhance the game’s visuals by quite a bit thereby leading to a more enjoyable experience for the players.
The Better Animal Models mod adds models for chickens, cows, sheep, pigs, spiders and, finally, cave spiders. Each model featured in this mod has quite a bit of detail in it, and the best thing about them is that they blend in perfectly with the overall look of the game without looking out of place at all. It’s worth pointing out that, while the mod doesn’t necessarily have that many models right now, it seems to be receiving updates on a fairly consistent basis so it probably won’t be long before it has a variety of different models for all the different animals of the game.
As of right now, the current animal models in development include models for silverfish, polar bears and even wolves. The models that this mod currently has are nothing short of exceptional, so we’re definitely looking forward to the models that are going to be added in the future because those are certain to be of extremely high quality. All said and done, though, Better Animal Models is a great mod that’s sure to make your Minecraft experience better by visually enhancing the look of the common in-game animals that you see frequently.
Better Animal Models Mod Changelogs for Minecraft 1.12.2
- Vanilla Mobs are no longer totally replaced with custom BA mobs. Instead of vanilla models are simply replaced. This also means other mobs (vanilla and modded) that extend vanilla mobs are no longer overwritten too, meaning BA should be much more compatible and much less invasive
- This WILL cause you to lose pre-spawned BA animals! However, this will be worth it in the long run.
- As the mod has been re-written including renders, hopefully, that means no more frame genocide.
How to install Better Animal Models Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.