Dissolution is a highly creative mod that’s been designed to make death in Minecraft feel like an actual immersive gameplay experience rather than the nuisance it generally is. Normally, when you die in Minecraft, you don’t really do much else but wait to respawn but, thanks to this mod, this changes entirely. The mod implements an actual death system that gives players access to a variety of new gameplay features whenever they die and, all things considered, it’s probably one of the most creative mods that we’ve seen in quite a while. The Dissolution mod is probably one of the most underrated mods out there because it’s sitting at below 3000 downloads even though it’s been out for a couple of months now.
The Dissolution mod basically gives players a sort of afterlife in which they can do a lot of creative things that they can’t do while their character is alive. Whenever you die with this mod’s functionality enable, will basically become a soul and start flying around. You’ll be able to control the transparent soul of your character and move it around through the world of Minecraft. While in this state, you won’t be able to interact with much but it’s still quite enjoyable because of how the character can freely move around.
The Dissolution mod can be customized to a certain extent as well. Through this mod’s configuration, you’ll be able to fine-tune various aspects according to your preferences and this makes the mod truly great because players will be able to use it exactly how they want to. All said and done, though, Dissolution is probably one of the most creative mods to surface in quite some time now and you’d definitely be doing yourself a favor if you choose to try out what it has to offer.
Dissolution Mod for Minecraft 1.12.2 Changelogs
- Made a proper config, editable through the in-game forge menu.
- Fixed a bug causing the hotbar to disappear when another player becomes a ghost in multiplayer.
- Fixed ghost items appearing when getting your body back.
- Fixed the bug preventing clientside synchronisation after a few death / world reload.
- Updated french localization.
How to install Dissolution Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.