The objective of the Doomlike Dungeons Mod for Minecraft is to implement a whole bunch of high quality and challenging dungeons that are reminiscent of the dungeons from retro 2.5D shooter games and RPGs of the past. It’s definitely one of the more unique mods of its kind available today because while there are various types of dungeon mods available for download, very few of them focus on providing players with a retro-esque experience, and this is exactly what sets this mod apart from all other releases in its category. The mod has been inspired by Oblige. If you don’t know what Oblige is then, it’s basically a random level generator designed for a classical game that creates challenging levels for classical shooter games like DOOM.
The actual dungeons generated by the Doomlike Dungeons mod are quite well designed and are a testament to its quality. They’re very challenging, are filled with lots of creative puzzles that players must overcome and also have lots of powerful mobs that players will have to defeat in order to progress further. This is basically one of the mods that, when implemented, adds hours upon hours of highly entertaining gameplay into Minecraft. The mod can create completely random dungeons, or you can use the config file that it comes with to customize how you want the dungeons to be made. You can also implement different kinds of themes to make the visuals according to your likings as well.
The Doomlike Dungeons mod has been around for quite some time now and has only recently been given an update that allows it to function with Minecraft 1.12.2. The Minecraft 1.12.2 version of this mod
is still in alpha stages though so there will probably a bunch of issues with it, but if you’re willing to overlook those issues, you’ll definitely enjoy what this mod has to offer.
- /dldspawn will force a dungeon to spawn with its technical center in the chunk of the player who uses it. Dungeons created in this way do not use the world seed. For obvious reasons, this should not usually be used in chunks where players have been building, mining, or otherwise changing the map; the dungeon will over-write anything in its way.
- /dldreload will reload the config file at run-time and from in game. This effective reverses any API based config changes.
- /dlddimid will show the player’s current dimension. Good if using with Multiverse (etc.) in a Cauldron (MCPC+) server.
- /dldInstallThemes will (re)install and default themes that are missing. It will not overwriting any themes that exist.
- /dldForceInstalThemes will (re)install the default themes, overwriting any existing themes with the same name.
How to install Doomlike Dungeons Mod?
- Download the mod!
- When you haven’t installed Minecraft Forge yet, download and install it.
- Move the downloaded .jar into the mods folder.
- Have fun!