Dragon Escapist is a phenomenal map that takes the high-intensity gameplay of parkour maps and combines it with a very unique setting. This combination leads to one of the better quality parkour experiences that you can enjoy today. In this map, you find yourself stranded in a strange forbidden city and must get out of it as soon as you can. The idea behind the map sounds fairly similar on paper but the twist though is that you’re trying to run away from a firebreathing dragon who is chasing you at insanely high speeds, so if you slow down even the slightest bit then his flames will likely catch up to you.
The flames of the dragon aren’t the only thing that you’ll need to worry about in the Dragon Escapist map. The map features very challenging parkour sequences that rely heavily on precise timing and flawless execution and on top of this there’s also the fact that the water has been rendered poisonous as well so if you go within a 6 block radius of water then you’ll begin to receive damage that you’d much rather avoid. All these things come together to make this an extremely challenging map but also a very enjoyable one. The map also features a very well executed day and night cycle that makes the gameplay more immersive.
Dragon Escapist mostly seems like a single player map, but if you want to play it alongside a friend, then a multiplayer option is also available. It’s important to remember that Dragon Escapist has been designed specifically for Minecraft 1.9 and will not work with older Minecraft versions. Also, if you want to take your experience to the next level then you can use Optifine alongside this map, but this is completely optional.
Dragon Escapist Map for Minecraft 1.9.2 Changelogs
- Added different speeds for dragon’s breath.
- Updated lobby.
- Shortened time before dragon’s breath is released.
- Removed spectator mode feature.
How to install Dragon Escapist Map?
- Press the Windows or Start button, then press R. This will open the Run prompt.
- Type %appdata% into the prompt and run the command.
- A folder filled with other folders will now open. Just find the Minecraft folder among these and open it.
- In .minecraft you will find another folder, saves. Unzip and move your world file into this folder and you’re all done.
Download Link for Dragon Escapist Map
for Minecraft 1.9.X