To put it simply, the Extra Golems mod adds new golem mobs to Minecraft. That’s pretty easy to understand just from a look at the mod name. However, some of these new golems are really powerful creatures that put the classic iron and snow golems to shame. With a total of 20 new golem types made from materials which naturally appear in Minecraft like wood, stone and diamond blocks, players will have almost two dozen new golem options when they are crafting mobs to help protect their homes or NPC villages. Everything starts with a simple slip of paper where you write your golem spell.
By mixing a feather, ink sack, paper and piece of redstone at a crafting table or in your inventory, you can make a golem creation spell slip. Combining this with a pumpkin head will give you the integral head of your golem, which is the last piece you put onto the structure when building a golem. Without the head, your golem will remain a stack of blocks, so you really need this. Building a golem after this is very simple. Just create the usual T shape using blocks of the golem type you want just like you were making an iron golem. Pop the head on top and you’re ready to roll.
With golems of wood, stone, gold, diamond, redstone and other materials, you will finally have a way to spend all the resources you’ve been collecting and saving in your Minecraft world. What better way to put your treasure horde to work than protecting itself? Like iron golems, just be sure that you have your home, village or other area fenced in properly so the golems don’t go wandering off into the hills or anything like that. They will roam naturally, and might roam so far you can never find them again.
Extra Golems Mod Showcase:
Extra Golems Mod for Minecraft Changelogs
v3.04 for Minecraft 1.8.9
- Added Crafting Table Golem.
- Added missing en_US.lang entry.
- Added EntityAIPlaceRandomBlocks for flower and mushroom planting.
- Added metadata to Redstone Golem power block that determines power output, for future use or use in add-ons.
- Added config for water hurting endstone golems.
v3.01 for Minecraft 1.8.9
- Added Prismarine Golem, Mushroom Block Golem, Sea Lantern Golem, Red Sandstone Golem
- Minor texture fixes for all golems (notably golem_diamond_block.png, golem_emerald_block.png, golem_gold.png, and the wool golem clothing)
- Added better language compatibility for tool-tips. Only supports en_US.lang so far.
How to install Extra Golems Mod?
- Download the latest version of the Minecraft Forge installer.
- Run the installer and select client/server.
- Start Minecraft using the Forge profile.
- Exit the game.
- Download the Extra Golems mod below and place it in the mods folder.
- Re-launch Minecraft and have fun!
Download Links for Extra Golems Mod
Extra Golems Mod 1.10
Extra Golems Mod 1.9.4
Extra Golems Mod 1.9
Extra Golems Mod 1.8.9
Extra Golems Mod 1.8
Extra Golems Mod 1.7.10
Credit: sky_01 – Original Thread on CurseForge