The name of the Extra Utilities is by itself to explain most of what this mod has to offer. It’s a mod that basically adds a whole lot of different kinds of utilities, items, and blocks into Minecraft that bring a whole new level of functionality to the game. Some of the mod’s utilities are very useful and add a lot of extra convenience, but there are also a few relatively light-hearted utilities and items that are designed mainly for the sake of enjoyment and don’t really add any actual depth to the gameplay, for example, the chandelier.
Onto the actual utilities of the Extra Utilities Mod, first and foremost you have the colored blocks. The mod takes the regular in-game bricks and implements 16 different color variants of those bricks to give players a whole lot of extra variety that they can depend on during construction tasks. These colored bricks are different only in terms of visuals and have the same behavior and characteristics as those of their regular counterparts. Then there’s the extremely useful compressed cobblestone that basically allows you to compress 9 different bocks of cobblestone into a single block, and this is definitely quite useful since a lot of players have tons of cobblestone saved up somewhere that they just can’t figure out how to store efficiently.
The Extra Utilities also has you covered whenever you’re in need of RF. The Ender Generator that it implements can be used to immediately generate RF by using ender-lily seeds, pearls or eyes of ender. Alongside this, there’s also a pretty convenient Food Generator that directly converts any kind of food item into RF, which can come in handy quite often when you don’t have other materials that are necessary to create RF. Overall, this is a very well designed and thorough mod that takes Minecraft to a whole new level.
Extra Utilities Mod Showcase
Extra Utilities Mod for Minecraft Changelogs
- Fixed: Connected textures being flipped on bottom sides
- Fixed: Trading Post packet splitting code crash
- Fixed: Bedrockium Recipe mistake
- Fixed: MFR Integration not registering itself properly
- Refactor: Minor changes to Angel Block code to help support custom block-placing permissions
- Shift-clicking upgrades in transfer nodes GUI will attempt to go into the upgrade slots first
- Change achievement ids to avoid clashes with other mods (this will reset achievements)
- Fix transfer node destroying excess items
- Fix JEI crash
- Fix crash related to fluid handling
- Fix items stacking beyond their limits when shift-clicking
- Added Furnace (Smelts items)
- Added Crusher (Crushes ores into 2x dust, recipes still WIP)
- Added Generator (generates 40RF/T)
- Added Drums (uses new fluid system)
- Added Fluid Transfer Nodes
- Added Fluid Filters (can be used in fluid transfer nodes and transfer filters)
- Fix transfer nodes duplication glitch
- Reworked Modelling system to be better compatible with other mods
- Transfer pipes no longer require a tool to be broken
- Fix transfer pipes not dropping correctly
- Levers/Buttons can be placed on Redstone clocks on any side
- Indexers can now store request multiple requests
- Indexers support the JEI text filter to filter items
- Using JEI Recipe Transfer button in the indexer GUI will request all the ingredients associated with that recipe
- JEI item radar ping control now works on any GUI
- Change JEI resonator GUI
- Improve memory use in NBT matching
- Added Terraformer and Climograph system to change nearby biomes
- Added Biome marker to store biome information. Right click to store current biome.
- Added a config option to /xu_powersharing GUI to enable/disable other players form accessing your XU2 inventories (disabled by default)
- Biome markers can be placed in Quantum Quarry to specify biome (including nether/end biomes)
- Added a temporary crafting recipe for moon stone until the world gen is unbroken.
- Rewrote large sections of code to aid transition to 1.11+. Bugs have likely been introduced so this version will likely not be stable.
How to install Extra Utilities Mod?
- Download the mod!
- When you haven’t installed Minecraft Forge yet, download and install it.
- Move the downloaded .jar into the mods folder.
- Have fun!
Download Links for Extra Utilities Mod
for Minecraft 1.11.2
for Minecraft 1.10
for Minecraft 1.9.4
for Minecraft 1.8.9
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: RWTema – Original Thread on Minecraft Forum