The Foundry mod does pretty much the exact same thing that’s done in foundries. It hasn’t really been designed to work on its own as a standalone mod but instead it’s the best thought of as a kind of secondary add-on to already existing mods of this type since it integrates very nicely with them and adds a lot of functionality to them. The mod basically implements machines that allow players to acquire the molten forms of certain metals such as Gold, Iron, Copper, Bronze and a variety of others. It’s definitely pretty useful if you find yourself working with metals more often than not.
The Foundry mod is pretty easy and straightforward to use as well. All you have to do is take any metal that you have at your disposal and is supported by the mod, smelt this metal in the machines that this mod adds and shortly afterwards you’ll have the molten form of the same metal. The molten form can then be casted to make a variety of different items such as weapons, equipment, armor, tools, plates and others. The best part about the Foundry mod is that it is also compatible with metal types and items that other mods implement.
Although it can be pretty useful on its own, the Foundry mod is much better off when used with other mods of its type, for example, the BuildCraft mod, the IndustrialCraft mod, The Tinkers’ Construct mod, the Thaumcraft mod and various other mods that fall into the same category. It’s pretty well designed on a technical level as well because there are hardly any crashing issues with it and nor are there any problems when smelting metals or casting them. Overall, it’s a great mod that can be pretty convenient on its own but is probably best used to complement other mods of its type.
Foundry Mod Showcase
Foundry Mod for Minecraft 1.9 Changelogs
- Re-added CraftTweaker integration.
- Removed old Infuser methods.
- Added method mods.foundry.Infuser.addRecipe(ILiquidStack output,ILiquidStack input,IIngredient substance, int energy)
- Added method mods.foundry.Infuser.removeRecipe(ILiquidStack input,IItemStack substance)
- Added method mods.foundry.MoldStation.addRecipe(IItemStack output,int width,int height,int recipe)
- Added method mods.foundry.MoldStation.removeRecipe(int grid)
- Re-added Tinker’s Construct integration.
- Fixed crash in the Mold Crafting Station GUI.
How to install Foundry Mod?
- Download Forge installer
- Download Foundry mod for your Minecraft version
- Install Forge on your Minecraft
- Run Minecraft, close Minecraft
- Put the mod in mods folder
- Run Minecraft, enjoy!
Download Links for Foundry Mod
for Minecraft 1.9
for Minecraft 1.8.9
for Minecraft 1.8
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: EXTER6 – Original Thread on CursForge