Lots of people make the same mistakes while playing Minecraft, like placing windows or glass blocks in the wrong spots. Even with a Soft Touch pick it was always impossible to get anything back from a broken glass pane or block – until the Glass Shards mod came along. With this little bit of software installed, you will get glass shards on a random schedule when breaking panes or blocks of glass. Stained glass will yield colored shards and these can be smelted back into glass blocks or even turned into weapons, like the glass sword. That one does as much damage as iron but breaks easily, understandably.
The Glass Shards mod is just a nice change for Minecraft. It doesn’t give you any overpowered items or game-breaking abilities; it just makes clicking on the wrong spot when placing glass less of a hassle. Even with this mod, you’ll still want to keep a nice supply of extra sand handy. You won’t usually get enough shards from a single piece of glass to recreate that same piece of glass, so you’ll want access to more like usual. The losses prevented by this mod will help keep you from heading back to the beach quite so many times though.
Glass Shards Mod for Minecraft 1.10.2 and 1.11 Changelogs
- Decreased the sword’s durability.
- The sword can now be repaired in an anvil.
- French localization by Mazdallier.
- Changed the handling of config GUIs.
- Updated Forge version to 11.14.1295.
How to install Glass Shards Mod?
- Download and install the Forge API Mod for Minecraft!
- Download the Glass Shards Mod, download links are below!
- Just go to “.minecraft\mods″ and move the mod file into “mods” folder!
Download Links for Glass Shards Mod
for Minecraft 1.11 / 1.10.2 / 1.10 / 1.9.4
for Minecraft 1.8.9
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: ljfa – Original Thread on Minecraft Forum