JourneyMap is one of the oldest mods available for Minecraft 1.12.2 and, even today, it’s one of the most functional and useful mods out there. It’s a mod that’s supposed to be applied on both client and server sides, and it can make your Minecraft experience considerably more enjoyable by implementing a very useful feature into the game. It’s worth mentioning that JourneyMap doesn’t really make any changes to the gameplay mechanics of Minecraft but, what it does bring to the table, is a whole lot of information that can aid you tremendously whenever you’re playing Minecraft.
The JourneyMap mod features a full-fledged map that’ll keep mapping your Minecraft world in real time as you explore through it. JourneyMap will capture each and every important detail about every place you go in Minecraft, and it’ll store it in a map that you can view whenever you want to. The map that this mod implements can either be viewed in-game in full screen or, if you prefer, you can view it in the comfort of your own browser. It’s important to bear in mind that the JourneyMap mod requires a bit of configuration before it can become fully functional but, once the initial configuration has been done, the rest will take care of itself on your own.
JourneyMap comes in two different editions, and you can pick the one that suits your situation the most. The first mode is the FairPlay mode that disables cave-mapping and radar during multiplayer and the second mode is Unlimited which, as the name suggests, enables all the features of the mod and doesn’t hold back on anything. All said and done, JourneyMap is an insanely useful Minecraft mod that’ll put a ton of information at your disposal by mapping every single aspect of the game world in real time.
JourneyMap Mod for Minecraft 1.12.2 and 1.11.2 Changelogs
- Significant infrastructure to support enabling/disabling Features (Actions, Displays, MapTypes, Radar).
- JourneyMap Server API v1.12-2.0-SNAPSHOT implementation that supports toggling all exposed Features.
- New Server config file format supports toggling all exposed Features.
- New Feature: Vehicles (boats, minecarts) are now visible on radar.
- New UI: Feature Dialog shows what Features are toggled and which mod or config made the change.
- Internal refactoring to use API Waypoint model instead of legacy model. Waypoints will be converted to new file format.
- Waypoint Manager will now let you teleport to waypoints in the dimension selected (when allowed).
- Bugfix: Theme files weren’t loading from disk, were just overwritten from a copy from the jar.
How to install JourneyMap Mod?
- First, install Minecraft Forge.
- Download JourneyMap and put the file into your “mods” folder.
- Run your game or server!
Note: Check out journeymap.info for information and configuration details.