Just Enough Torches is a fairly straightforward and highly useful mod that focuses on adding more torches into the world of Minecraft. Torches are a pretty important aspect of Minecraft’s gameplay because there are certain dark areas of the game that you simply cannot explore without them but, in spite of the impact they have on the game, there’s surprisingly only one torch for players to use and it tends to feel stale after a while. The Just Enough Torches mod adds a whole bunch of different torches into the game and each one of them is just as useful, if not more, than the vanilla Minecraft torch so you’re going to have a great time with this mod.
The Just Enough Torches currently features stone, nether, prismarine, obsidian and golden torches. Alongside the torches, though, the mod also comes with lapis, obsidian and quarts lamps that players can craft when they don’t feel like carrying a torch around and simply want to place a source of light somewhere. It’s important to remember, though, that the lamps have to be togged on and off with a redstone signal similar to how vanilla Minecraft’s redstone lamp works.
One of the most intriguing things about the Just Enough Torches mod is the fact that certain torches have unique characteristics that make them worth using over others. For example, the prismarine torch can actually be placed underwater and its flames won’t be extinguished and, alongside this, the obsidian lamp and torch are both blast proof so you won’t have to worry about them taking any damage, even if they’re at the very center of a massive explosion. All said and done, Just Enough Torches is a great mod that adds a whole bunch of useful torches into Minecraft for players to utilize.
Just Enough Torches Mod Update Logs
- Fixed a crash when placing torches on the underside of blocks, oops.
- Removed vanilla torch light adjustment. It caused quite a few complaints.. even though it had a config option.
- Cleaned up the code for pretty much everything. Now with source on GitHub!
- Added lamps! (oops) Lapis, obsidian, and quartz lamps. Yes, the obsidian lamp is blast resistant.
How to install Just Enough Torches Mod?
- Download Forge installer, open it and install
- Open the Minecraft launcher and select Forge in the profile list
- Click Edit Profile and then Open Game Dir, this opens the game folder
- Create a new folder called mods
- Download the mod and put it into the mods folder