Kitsu’s ForgeCraft is a mod that aims to add a bit more realism to the crafting systems of Minecraft in order to make the in-game experience more engaging and immersive for the players. As you can tell by the name, crafting things is one of Minecraft’s biggest highlights but, as it stands right now, the crafting system in Minecraft is just a bit too unrealistic and straightforward. Normally, you just put a bunch of stuff on the table and they magically combine to make the final item but, thanks to this particular mod, you’ll be able to enjoy a much more realistic system that makes crafting feel like an actual engaging activity instead of a boring sequence of clicks.
The Kitsu’s ForgeCraft mod focuses primarily on blacksmithing so it deals with all the items in Minecraft that could be made through blacksmithing such as weapons and armor. In the real world, the process of blacksmithing is an in-depth one that requires the forging of iron ore into ingots through various methods before they can actually be used to make things. This mod implements these methods into Minecraft and allows players to utilize them to experience blacksmithing as it is in the real world. The mod also makes various functional changes to how you’re supposed to handle the items so you can’t expect to move around hot items with your bare hands. Instead, to move around hot items, you’ll need special tools that have been designed for this purpose.
Overall, it goes without saying that the features of Kitsu’s ForgeCraft definitely take a little bit of getting used to at first because they’re quite different from how crafting usually works in Minecraft but, rest assured, once you get the hang of them, you’ll be in for a great time because of how fun the crafting will become.
Kitsu’s ForgeCraft Mod for Minecraft 1.12.2 Changelogs
- Light Forge and Firebox with Firebow or Torch
- Any gallagher can be used to make a stone anvil
- Update Crafting for tools to include leatherStrap
- Forge Setting Player on fire but not taking damage
- Forge and Bloomery make Smoke
- Remove cool ingots from inventories with Hand
- Remove cool tools heads from inventories with Hand
- Add rendering in anvil renderer for Cool Ingots
- Hot Ingots should cool down
- Coal is not being removed from the forge or firebox
- Fixed error with null NBT
How to install Kitsu’s ForgeCraft Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.