Like other Mo’ style mods, Mo’ Pickaxes Mod aims to add more content to Minecraft and give players more to do in their various worlds. This mod adds a total of 49 new and different pickaxes, some made from materials which already existed in the game and others utilizing materials also introduced by this mod. There are normal pickaxes, which break various rock blocks and can be crafted using sticks and their specific material, as well as low-durability pickaxes which break blocks quickly and even do decent damage in combat, but are destroyed after a relatively short time of use.
Food pickaxes can be eaten and will restore a great deal of hunger points for a player; they can’t be used to mine anything and in this respect, perhaps they shouldn’t even be called pickaxes. Look for the three special pickaxes as well, each of which has a unique ability which warrants crafting and testing them out just to see them at work. There are another four picks which have special right-click abilities too. Overall, if you are looking for more pickaxe items in Minecraft, then you’ll definitely want to give the Mo’ Pickaxes mod a download and try it for yourself.
Type of Pickaxes:
- Normal pickaxes
- Food pickaxes
- Low durability pickaxes
- Special pickaxes
- Special rightclick pickaxes
- Cheat pickaxes
Mo’ Pickaxes Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10 Changelogs
- Replaced Bomb Pickaxe with TNT Pickaxe (places TNT).
- Special pickaxes get now more damage on each use.
- Changed texture from melon-, dirt-, grass-, mycelium- and mossystone pickaxe.
- Renamed “Mossy Pickaxe” to “Mossy Stone Pickaxe”.
- Updated to the newest forge version.
- Added mod infos ingame.
- Added descriptions to special pickaxes.
- Fixed Golden Pickaxe’s class.
How to install Mo’ Pickaxes Mod?
- Download the mod!
- When you haven’t installed Minecraft Forge yet, download and install it.
- Move the downloaded .jar into the mods folder.
- Have fun!
Download Links for Mo’ Pickaxes Mod
for Minecraft 1.8 – Requires Forge 126.96.36.1990 or a newer version
for Minecraft 1.7.10 – Requires Forge 10.13.2.1230 or a newer version
Credit: 7ggw88 – Original Thread on PlanetMinecraft