As you might have been able to guess from its name, the Mob Hunter mod has been inspired directly by the Monster Hunter series. For those who don’t know what Monster Hunter is, it’s basically a series of fantasy-themed RPGs by Capcom that revolves around slaying massive monsters for fame and glory. The series has been around for over a decade and has managed to gain quite a lot of fans for itself over the years. A few particular fans, namely alxnns1 and Bright_Spark, have managed to replicate various gameplay concepts from this critically acclaimed series within Minecraft.
Of course, the biggest highlight of the Mob Hunter mod is the fact that it brings various mobs from the Monster Hunter series into Minecraft. After applying this mod, your Minecraft world will be filled with various iconic mobs from the Monster Hunter series. The mobs include the Genprey which is a carnivorous Wyvern that can be found in Sandy areas, the Velociprey which is a Wyvern that’s found in grass, the Popo which is a large herbivore that sticks to cold climates, the Aptonoth which is another large herbivore but with a spiky tail that discourages any potential predators. Aside from the aforementioned mobs, there are various others in the mobs as well, and you’ll definitely enjoy slaying them.
Other than the mobs, the Mob Hunter mod also features lots of armors from the Monster Hunter series such as the Bone Armor, the Derring Armor and of course the Hunter’s Armor. The mod also features lots of gatherable materials that can assist you in a variety of ways. Overall, if you’re a fan of the Monster Hunter games or are just looking for challenging mobs to slay then the Mob Hunter will definitely provide you with an exhilarating experience.
- Great Jaggi
- Derring Armour
- Hunter’s Armour
- Bone Armour
- Alloy Armour
Mob Hunter Mod for Minecraft 1.10.2 Changelogs
- Fixed Bone Kris being Bone Kris+ and vice versa.
- Fixed crash when upgrading Bone Kris.
- Added recipes that display without an item in the slot.
- Bone Kris and Hunter’s Knife can be crafted without an item in the slot.
- Fixed being able to shift+click a stack larger than 1 into the weapon crafting table.
- Added missing recipes for some metal swords.
- Fixed localization for some weapons.
- Fixed texture for bone husk.
- Added sharpness to newer weapons.
How to install Mob Hunter Mod?
- Make sure Forge is installed
- Put the jar in your mods folder
- Run the game!
Download Links for Mob Hunter Mod
for Minecraft 1.10.2
for Minecraft 1.9.4
for Minecraft 1.8.9
Credit: alxnns1 – Original Thread on CursForge