The Photoptics has been built specifically for players who enjoy using optical instruments. It’s been to implement multiple different kinds of these instruments into the game, and you can then use them to enhance your experience and add a bit more depth to the gameplay. It’s worth mentioning though that as of right now it only adds two items to the game and this relatively low amount is mainly because it’s been just over a month since the mod came out. New items are sure to be added in the near future when the mod sees more updates.
The first item of the Photoptics mod are the basic binoculars. This item does what you’d pretty much expect binoculars to do so if you want to see what’s going on at a moderate distance that isn’t normally visible then you can use the binoculars to check it out. Binoculars can be crafted in the crafting table by using four glass panes on the edges and three iron ingots in the middle row. The second item is the telescope which serves pretty much the same purpose as the binoculars but can be used to see much farther distances. To craft the telescope, you’ll need to put a glass block in the middle of the first row, an iron block in the second row and finally a glass pane in the third row.
Using both these items is pretty simple, simply equip them and right click to activate them. Once they’re activated, you can use the + and – keys to zoom in and out respectively. One minor bug that’s present in this mod is that the binoculars tend to act weird when you equip them in your left hand, but this isn’t really that big of an issue since you can use them just fine from the right hand.
Photoptics Mod for Minecraft 1.11 and 1.10.2 Changelogs
- Ported for MC 1.11, only with minor ItemStack changes.
- Fixed trivial crash issue related with setting key bindings on mouse.
- Now Telescopes can be Active on Off-hand.
- Fixed scale of the items on the ground.
How to install Photoptics Mod?
- Install Minecraft Forge.
- Put the mod’s .jar file you downloaded into mods directory.
Download Link for Photoptics Mod
for Minecraft 1.11
for Minecraft 1.10 / 1.10.2
- Photoptics v0.5.1.3.4 [1.10.0/1.10.2] (Stellar API v0.5.4.1.*).jar
- Stellar API v0.5.4.1.3 [1.9.4/1.10.0/1.10.2].jar
for Minecraft 1.9.4
for Minecraft 1.8.9
for Minecraft 1.7.10
- Photoptics v0.1.1.8.2 [1.7.10] (Stellar API v0.1.3.6).jar
- Stellar API v0.1.3.8 [1.7.10] (Final for 1.7.10).jar
Credit: abab9579 – Original Thread on CursForge