Player Stats is a rather intriguing mod that adds an RPG-esque feeling into the Minecraft gameplay experience. The mod basically implements a whole lot of different character statistics into the game and these statistics then determine how good a character is at certain things which is pretty similar to the systems that most role playing games have built into them. The best use of this map would probably be in a server that tries to deliver RPG styled gameplay to its players. However, you can use it however you please and if you’re a fan of role playing games and feel like it’ll enhance your experience then by all means try it out.
Onto the stats themselves, Player Stats has a bunch of these to offer. Some of the stats include attack speed, mining speed, cutting speed and even digging speed. As you could probably tell, increasing these stats for your character will improve how it performs in each of those disciplines. For example, improving the attack speed stat will make your character strike at a much higher frequency in combat which will allow you to deal more damage in a shorter amount of time. Stats can be increased through experience, and you’re free to decide which stat should be upgraded.
The Player Stats Mod is pretty well executed, but it does have its fair share of technical issues. Lots of users have reported their Minecraft client crashing when they enter a server with this mod applied. This issue has been remedied to a certain extent through various updates, but it still happens from time to time. Player Stats has been designed to run solely with Minecraft 1.9 so using it with any other version of the game will probably cause a bunch of compatibility problems that you’d much rather avoid.
- Accelerated Furnace – This statistic increases the melting speed of furnace.
- Mining – This statistic increases the mining speed of the pickaxe.
- Digging – This statistic increases the digging speed of the shovel.
- Cutting – This statistic increases the сutting speed of the axe.
- Attack Speed – This statistic increases the strike speed of the any instruments.
- Leaper – This statistic increases the jump height of the player.
- Soft Landing – This statistic decreases the falling damage of the player.
- Obsidian Skin – This statistic decreases the fire/lava damage of the player.
- King of the Ladder – This statistic increases the climbing speed of the player on ladder.
- Fast Swimmer – This statistic increases the swimming speed of the player in any liquids.
How to install Player Stats Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.
Download Links for Player Stats Mod
for Minecraft 1.9.4
for Minecraft 1.9
Credit: MrDimkas_Studio – Original Thread on CursForge