The Possessed mod is a very intriguing mod that’ll allow you to experience what it’d be like if you were playing as a mob instead of the usual Minecraft character. If you’ve been playing Minecraft for some time now, then you’ve probably run into lots of fascinating creatures that have had access to many interesting abilities that you wouldn’t mind being able to use yourself. Unfortunately, using a mob’s abilities isn’t usually possible, but the Possessed mod is here to change that. Through this mod, you’ll be able to experience exactly what it’s like to be a mob in Minecraft.
The Possessed mod adds a special hat known as the possessive hat into Minecraft. This hat is basically what you’ll be using to establish control over your mobs. It’s worth mentioning that crafting the possessive hat will cost you a lot of resources and rare items, and this has probably been done to maintain a sense of balance since this is the item is quite potent. Using the hat is pretty simple, all you have to do is equip it and then sneak + right click your mob of preference in order to possess it. Once you end up possessing a mod, you’ll be allowed to control it however you want to. It’s worth noting that the hat needs to be recharged every now and then so you won’t be able to use it consecutively for hours upon hours.
One extremely important thing that players need to remember about the Possessed mod is the fact that, if you possess a mob, you’ll feel its negative effects as well. For example, if you possess a zombie and go into sunlight, you’ll begin to experience a lot of burn damage. All said and done, Possessed is a very unique and intriguing mod that adds a fascinating new gameplay feature to Minecraft.
Possessed Mod for Minecraft 1.10.2 Changelogs
- Add update checker
- Fix server crash when unpossessing a mob
- Mobs will now no longer see through your possession disguise
- Fixed server crash when starting up server with mod
- Fix possessive hat not being rotated when placed on armor stand
- Add ‘Shoot Fireballs’ ability to Ghast and Blaze
- Allow some animals to eat grass
- Faster dirt and grass dig speed for rabbits
- Faster move speed for ocelots
- Blaze now lights attacked mobs on fire
- Fix ‘creeper rocket’ by exploding while transitioning state
- Strays shoot slowness arrows
- Husks give hunger to attacked mobs
How to install Possessed Mod?
- Step 1: Install Minecraft Forge.
- Step 2: Go to your .minecraft/mods folder.
- Step 3: Put possessed-X.jar in your mods folder.
- Step 4: Start the game.
Download Link for Possessed Mod
for Minecraft 1.10.2
Credit: Fararise – Original Thread on CursForge