For deep space adventures with horrible, human-killing aliens, you can’t do much better than Alien. Or Predator. Or Alien vs. Predator. The Prometheus mod for Minecraft brings those horrible monsters from other worlds to your favorite game of building blocks, and to great effect. This mod was designed to freshen up the relatively boring, slow-paced gameplay which is Minecraft’s hallmark by adding vicious monsters, chest-bursting aliens, face-hugging, egg-laying critters and more. Overall, this mod adds about 50 new blocks, 30 new items and about a dozen different new mobs, each more horrifying than the last.
Minecraft Forge is the modloader you’ll want for the Prometheus mod – don’t try using another loading tool as this will likely cause Minecraft to crash. ModLoader is too old and hasn’t been updated recently, and MCPatcher adds unnecessary files that break up the integrity of the mod, leading to textures and images not displaying correctly, or not displaying at all in some cases. Many of the new monsters do unique things like spit acid or crawl, not just on walls but also across ceilings, adding completely new dynamics to combat and freshening up that otherwise boring aspect of the game.
Prometheus is definitely worth trying at least once.
Prometheus Mod for Minecraft 1.6.4 Changelogs
- Added: Beta feedback program.
- Added: Xenomorph Queen nickname support
- Added: M41A Pulse Rifle integrated grenade launcher
- Added: M41A Pulse Rifle Ammunition Counter
- Added: Tactical Helmet HUD
How to install Prometheus Mod?
- Download the Minecraft Forge API installer.
- Open the installer and click on “Install” button.
- Now, go to the %appdata%/.minecraft/mods folder.
- Copy the mod, and AIRI into the .minecraft/mods/ folder.
- Open the Minecraft Launcher and select the Forge profile, then click “play”!
Download Links for Prometheus Mod
for Minecraft 1.6.4
Credit: Ri5ux – Original Thread on Minecraft Forum