Out of all the different Minecraft mods out there that implement new mobs into the game, the Raiders has to be among the most well-designed options available. Most mods of the sort implement some pretty simple and straightforward mobs to the game but the Raiders implements a creatively designed new mob that actually has its very own classes as well as a progression difficulty system that’ll make it harder to combat for players who are higher level. This is definitely a mod worth trying out if you want to add mobs into the game that are fun to fight against.
The Raiders basically adds mobs known as Raiders into the game and these mobs have multiple different classes. There are normal Raiders, Archers that shoot from afar, Brutes that move slower but hit harder, Tweakers that move incredibly quick, Pyromaniacs that shoot fire and, alongside these, there are a few other Raider classes as well that you’ll get to face when you apply this mod. Every single Raider class feels unique to fight but keep in mind that most of them look like regular Minecraft characters so they might be a bit hard to distinguish in certain situations.
Perhaps the most impressive thing about the Raiders mod is the fact that it has a progression based difficulty system that basically makes these mobs harder to combat as players become stronger by progressing through the game. On top of this, the mod also lets players customize every single thing about it according to their preferences and this is great for players who aren’t fond of the default settings of these mobs and want to adjust them a little bit. All said and done, though, Raiders is an extremely well-designed mod that adds some challenging and innovative new mobs into Minecraft for players to fight.
Raiders Mod for Minecraft 1.10.2 Changelogs
- Added world specific saved data.
- Screamer/Witches when sitting aren’t properly rendering armor and overlays.
- Fixed Issue with Server and client not showing correct progression Difficulty on notifications.
- Tweaked Pyro’s code slightly as possible mod interaction issue.
- Added Config for daytime spawning to be more understandable.
- Added Config to make torches/glowstone stop spawning around them.
How to install Raiders Mod?
- Download Forge installer, open it and install
- Open the Minecraft launcher and select Forge in the profile list
- Click Edit Profile and then Open Game Dir, this opens the game folder
- Create a new folder called mods
- Download the mod and put it into the mods folder
Download Link for Raiders Mod
for Minecraft 1.10.2
Credit: GenDeathrow – Original Thread on CursForge