Raw Colors is an extremely creative and well thought out resource pack that is, without a single doubt, one of the most intriguing packs we’ve seen in quite some time. This pack goes against the trend of giving Minecraft’s textures bright and vibrant color and, due to this peculiar approach, the end-result is a resource pack with textures that are extremely easy on the eyes. Raw Colors is the perfect choice for players who feel that traditional resource packs have textures that are a bit too overbearing so, if you’re among this particular audience of players, you should definitely give this resource pack a shot.
The Raw Colors resource pack’s defining characteristic is the fact that its textures have some extremely low contrast colors. A lot of players might not like these low contrast colors because a pretty massive portion of the game’s player-base is used to bright and shiny visuals but, if you’re among the audience of players who wants visuals that aren’t too overbearing and are easy on the eyes, these toned down colors will actually be good for you. It’s worth mentioning that the textures of the pack are actually very well detailed, so they look quite sharp even though the color palette has been toned down a few notches.
Another peculiar thing about the Raw Colors resource pack is that it gives a variety of model changes to the in-game entities of Minecraft. Bows and arrows have been replaced with guns and bullets, porkchop is now bacon, ender chests have been renamed, and paintings have been replaced by sci-fi themed things like monitors and such. On top of all this, the Raw Colors pack also comes with a top-of-the-line user-interface that’s incredibly sleek and, overall, a delight to browse through. The pack has a resolution of x16, so you’ll be able to run it on most PCs without any frame-rate drops.
Raw Colors Resource Pack Update Logs
- RawColors14_R4 – Compressed sound files to fit max size limit for Minecraft servers.
- RawColors15_R3 – New And Improved Painting Textures, Control Pannels, Dials, Monitors, You Name It!
- RawColors15_R2_PMC – Removed “copyrighted” assets.
- RawColors15_R2 – Added Optifine/MCPatcher Connected Glass, Fixed Ender Chest Name.
- RawColors15_R1 – Updated Everything to 1.11, Fixed Steve Texture, Adjusted Some Item Names.
How to install Raw Colors Resource Pack?
- Start Minecraft.
- Click “Options” in the start menu.
- Click “resource packs” in the options menu.
- In the resource packs menu, click “Open resource pack folder”.
- Put the .zip file you downloaded in the resource pack folder.
Download Link for Raw Colors Resource Pack
for Minecraft 1.11.X