Fans of Diablo and similar game series love the randomly generated dungeons they get when visiting the same place on different occasions. Going to the same hole on different servers or with different people will make the inside of said hole be different, opening up alternate paths or filling the place with enemies which weren’t there on the last run. The Roguelike Dungeons mod for Minecraft adds these procedurally generated style dungeons to Minecraft, opening up all kinds of possibilities. If you’re all about the combat in Minecraft, this is undoubtedly a mod you will find very entertaining.
Not only does the Roguelike Dungeons mod allow you to spawn huge and expansive dungeons below the earth when generating a new world, it also fills those dungeons with all kinds of things – mob spawners, chests full of loot, traps, silverfish blocks and more. These dungeons are truly frightening places where you might even be overwhelmed if enough monsters are spawned. Naturally, because they are under the ground and awash in darkness, more mobs can spawn over time too. That said, you’ll probably want to pack a couple stacks of torches when dungeon diving, so things can’t sneak up behind you.
While it doesn’t add any new items, weapons or armor to Minecraft, the Roguelike Dungeons mod does work well with other mods which do add content. The new items can spawn in the randomly generated chests in many cases and because this mod was designed to work with Minecraft Forge, you shouldn’t experience any issues with your other Forge mods which are already installed. Combining this mod with mods like McMMO will allow you to turn Minecraft into a completely different game. With all these possibilities built right in, it’s no wonder Roguelike Dungeons is so popular with the community.
Roguelike Dungeons Mod Changelogs
Roguelike Dungeons Mod for Minecraft 1.11
- Added vanilla Spawn Potentials to add built-in mob customization
- Changed a few custom item names
- Updated custom potion colors
- Made spawned firework colors more vibrant
Roguelike Dungeons Mod for Minecraft 1.10.2
- Zombies may now spawn as villagers or husks.
- Skeletons may spawn as strays.
- Skeletons may spawn equipped with tipped arrows.
- Theme adjustments to the nether brick level.
- Some spawners have been removed to adjust spawn density.
- Armor loot and mob gear quality lowered somewhat.
- Minor balance tweaks and loot adjustments.
How to install Roguelike Dungeons Mod?
- Install Forge, you can find here!
- Download the mod.
- Just drag and drop the mod jar file in %appdata%/.minecraft/mods (Windows).
- Have fun!
Download Links for Roguelike Dungeons Mod
for Minecraft 1.11
for Minecraft 1.10.2
for Minecraft 1.10
for Minecraft 1.9.4
for Minecraft 1.7.10