Silent’s Gems mod is a great mod that adds quite a lot of flavor to Minecraft. The mod basically adds a total of 12 new gemstones into the game and these gemstones can be used for a variety of different tasks like crafting new tools and even different gadgets that can add a lot of convenience to your gameplay experience. However, it’s important to note that the mod does require you to have Silent Lib and Java 8 installed otherwise it won’t function at all. It’s also worth mentioning that it’s best to keep Silent Lib up to date at all times in order to avoid any potential crashes.
The name of Silent’s Gems mod only tells half the story though since it has a lot to offer other than the gems themselves. In this mod, you’ll also find a bunch of very useful tools such as the Return Home Charm that you can use to return to a previously specified location or the Torch Bandolier that can store over a 1000 torches. The mod even allows players to summon their very own tamed cat/dog that can accompany them on any adventure that they decide to embark on.
Silent’s Gems mod also has various enchantments to offer. There’s the Mending enchantment that can repair damaged tools, the Life Steal enchantment that allows you to heal a portion of your health every time you deal damage, the Lumberjack enchantment that allows you to cut down an entire tree with a single swing and finally the Area Miner enchantment that increases your mining radius significantly and therefore allows you to cover much more ground in a shorter time framer. So overall, if you feel like Minecraft is lacking in variety and features then Silent’s Gems mod can definitely add some much-needed depth to the game.
Silent’s Gems Mod Changelogs
for Minecraft 1.12.2
- Added: Hoes now have a super skill, Row Tiller. Tills a line of 9 blocks at once. Use the “toggle special” keybind to enable.
- Added: Shields now have a Magic Protection stat. Reduces magic damage when blocking. This stat is determined mostly by the Magic stat of the materials, with Protection influencing it a bit.
- Removed: The “Blocking Power” stat of shields. This has been obsolete and useless since 1.11.
- Added: Alpha greeting and a link to a strawpoll (set to expire at the end of October 2017).
- Fixed: Crash when Tinkers Construct is not installed (#BlameEclipse)
- Fixed: TiC part localizations.
- Fixed: Missing chaos gem models.
- Fixed: Missing models, textures, and localizations for bricks.
for Minecraft 1.11.2
- Fixed: A Guide-API crash (requires Guide-API 2.1.0-49)
- Fixed: Chaos Altar and Pylons not dropping their inventories when broken.
- Fixed: Chaos Flower Pot not syncing with the client, causing the glow rose to be invisible.
- Fixed: A crash when enchantment tokens have an enchantment that no longer exists.
How to install Silent’s Gems Mod?
Required Library: Silent Lib
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version and Silent Lib for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.