The most versatile maps in Minecraft are the ones that offer players many different gaming experiences all in one package. These also tend to be rather large maps, so keep that in mind if you decide to try out the Spectrum map. This really is a good example of a multi-genre Minecraft map. It features an underlying complete the monument game which serves as the main driving force in the map. But to get the pieces needed to do that, you’ll need to play through six different parts of the map – puzzle, parkour, arena, dropper, adventure and trivia aspects keep this map fresh throughout.
With traps to avoid, jumps and leaps to land, long drops to survive, monsters to fight and more, Spectrum could be one of the most entertaining maps for Minecraft to date. Granted, each of the sections are somewhat short, but when you combine them all together and total the play time, you could spend several hours and still not complete the monument and finish this map. Because it has something for everybody, it seems like Spectrum would be perfect for multiple players. However, this map was designed only for a single person to play at once.
Spectrum Map Let’s Plays
Spectrum Map Rules
- Do not use commands.
- Set your render distance to at least 16 chunks at all times.
- Minecraft Version: 1.8.8
- Vanilla Minecraft (No mods or resource packs)
- Brightness: Bright
- Clouds: Off
- Particles: All
- Music and Sounds: All at 100%
Spectrum Map for Minecraft 1.8.8 Changelogs
- Updated arena and trivia branch text.
- Replaced arena branch strength potion with two splash potions of weakness.
- Blocked off unused buildings in adventure branch.
- Tweaked instructions in adventure branch.
Download Links for Spectrum Map
for Minecraft 1.8.X