Storage Boats, as the name suggests, is a storage-focused mod that aims to make Minecraft a tad bit more convenient for the players by giving them an easy place to store their items during their travels. Even though there are various other storage based mods available for the game, the Storage Boats mod is one that’s still worth trying out and this is primarily because it’s quite unique and unlike any other mod we’ve seen in this category. The mod’s been out for a couple of months and is compatible with both Minecraft 1.11 and 1.10 of Minecraft.
The thing that sets the Storage Boats mod apart from the crowd is the fact that provides players storage that’s actually portable. The problem with storage based mods is the fact that the storage solutions provided by them only stay in one place so you have to visit that place over and over again in order to retrieve your items but, on the other hand, the Storage Boats mod basically allows players to take their storage with them whenever they embark on an adventure. The mod adds a special boat to the game that holds a bunch of chests and these chests will allow you to store up to 27 stacks of your items during your journeys.
Crafting the boats of the Storage Boats mod is pretty simple because all you need is a simple storage chest and a boat. One thing worth mentioning about these boats is the fact that you can’t actually access their storage unless your character is sitting on them but, other than this, they’re quite easy to use. To access your storage, simply press E while sitting on the boat and a user-interface will open showing all your items. All things considered, Storage Boats is an extremely creative mod that adds a convenient storage solution for players.
Storage Boats Mod for Minecraft 1.11.2 Changelogs
- You can now attach storage boats together with a lead! You can also attach a storage boats to a fence!
- Banners are now behind you when you place them in a storage boat!
- Fixed a bug where an extra mob could be in the storage boat!
- Breaking a furnace boat now drops a boat and a furnace instead of a boat and a chest!
How to install Storage Boats Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.
Download Links for Storage Boats Mod
for Minecraft 1.11.2
for Minecraft 1.10.2
Credit: MrTutankhamun – Original Thread on CursForge