Chests are great for storage, but they do have their limits. For once, if there is a solid block directly above a chest, it won’t even open until the block is removed or the chest is broken and placed elsewhere. This is beyond annoying, and many players have gone as far as changing the layout of their house or base to accommodate this. The Storage Drawers mod does away with all this nonsense by giving players access to storage containers which open outward rather than upward. This means you can stack stuff right on top of your drawers and still access the goods held within.
On the other hand, you can’t block the front of your drawers or you won’t be able to access them. This is a small sacrifice to make however for the ability to keep a bunch of your favorite or most used items nearby and handy. Also, because the drawers don’t actually have inventory slots like chests, you’ll need to learn to interact with them differently if you want to make the most out of them. While it’s possible to hold shift and right click with an empty hand to see exact item counts, you can’t simply drag the goods from the drawers into your inventory.
You’ll be spamming left and right clicks a lot while interacting with the drawers, but there’s nothing for it. This can make the Storage Drawers mod kind of annoying for some players, but the fact they can hold so much stuff in them is something that just can’t be ignored. The drawers come in five different sizes – half 2×2, half 1×2, full 2×2, full 1×2 and full 1×1. Though it might sound like the smallest one, the full 1×1 can actually hold 32 stacks of blocks per drawer, with several drawers being in a single block. Once you work out how to deposit and retrieve items, this mod is excellent.
Storage Drawers Mod Changelogs
- Fixed items not being accepted by full compacting drawers when void upgrade present.
- Update to Minecraft 5.0.0
- Compacting drawers do not discover smaller items from larger ones
- Fallback recipes are disabled
- Restored shading to item labels (big thanks to codewarrior0)
- For resource pack makers, item labels now honor the “statusArea” section of the dynamic folder JSON
How to install Storage Drawers Mod?
- Download the mod!
- When you haven’t installed Minecraft Forge and Chameleon library yet, download and install it.
- Move the downloaded .jar into the mods folder.
- Have fun!