Ores and metals are one of the most, if not the most, important aspects of Minecraft’s gameplay mainly due to the fact that they play a pretty big role in the crafting system. However, in spite of their importance, the variety of these available in the vanilla version leaves a bit to be desired, but you need not worry as the Substratum mod has been designed to remedy this exact situation. There have been many releases similar to Substratum before, but none have offered the variety and finesse that this particular mod comes with which is exactly why it’s worth giving a shot.
Once you apply the Substratum, your Minecraft world will be filled to the brim with multitudes of unique kinds of ores, each with its own special characteristics and statistics. Much like any other vanilla ores, the ones implemented by this mod can be manipulated and then be used for various crafting purposes. Some of the ores implemented by this mod is fairly common such as Brass and Bronze but at the same time, it also has certain highly rare ores like Lumium, Enderium, and Electrum. These rare metals are insanely difficult to acquire but well worth the effort because the things that you can craft from them are remarkable.
One of the biggest strengths of the Substratum mod is the fact that you can customize it according to your preferences. The mod comes with a configuration file that can be edited to enable or disable ores. It’s worth mentioning that the mod also adds multiple types of items for each individual for instance Ingots, Nuggets and of course Dusts. Substratum has recently been updated to function with Minecraft 1.10.2 as well which is a pretty big plus point. Overall, this is a very useful mod that doesn’t cease to impress.
The following metals are added to by this mod:
- Brass (Copper + Zinc)
- Bronze (Copper + Tin)
- Steel (Iron + Coal, recipe disabled by default)
- Invar (Iron + Nickel)
- Cupronickel (Copper + Nickel)
- Electrum (Gold + Silver)
- Signalum (Copper + Silver + Liquid Redstone)
- Lumium (Tin + Silver + Liquid Glowstone)
- Enderium (Tin + Platinum + Silver + Liquid Enderpearl)
The following worldgen ores are added to by this mod:
- Sulfur (Nether)
- Niter (Nether)
Substratum Mod Update Logs
- Updated to MC 1.11.2
- Deprecated Iron Nuggets in favor of the vanilla item.
- Substratum Iron Nugget is no longer craftable and won’t show up on creative/JEI.
- Substratum Iron Nugget can be converted to the vanilla item by placing it on a crafting grid.
- Equipment items con now be smelted into a nugget.
How to install Substratum Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.
Download Links for Substratum Mod
for Minecraft 1.11.2
for Minecraft 1.11
for Minecraft 1.10.2
for Minecraft 1.9.4
Credit: EXTER7 – Original Thread on CursForge