If you’re a veteran Minecraft player, then you know for a fact that the early game of Minecraft can be a bit too easy. Even if you’re a newcomer to this game, you’ll hardly ever face any major challenges during the early game, and this is in part due to the fact that most of Minecraft’s early game configuration has been set up in such a way that there aren’t any difficult moments. If you prefer a challenge and want to make the early game more engaging, then the Survivalist Mod is something that you’ll definitely enjoy using. It makes various changes to the early game that make it more challenging while simultaneously making sure that things don’t become overly tedious. It’s a very well thought out mod that impresses on all fronts.
The mod doesn’t really make any direct changes to the gameplay like adding more mobs but instead, it focuses more on the technical side of things. It makes things difficult to acquire and limits the amount of stuff that you can craft through the basic in-game resources. For example, the mod makes it so that you can’t craft sticks directly from planks which is why you will need to manually acquire them by breaking planks in the chopping block. The mod also makes chainmail considerably more difficult to put together since you will first need to make Iron nuggets in order to make the chainmail pieces. Torches also have a high chance of breaking, and we all know how crucial they can be when you’re walking through a dark pathway.
The changes mentioned above are just the tip of the iceberg considering all the other things that this mod has in store for the players. Needless to say, if you fancy a challenge and feel that Minecraft is too easy for newcomers, then this mod will definitely deliver the difficult levels that you’re looking for.
Survivalist Mod for Minecraft 1.12.1 Changelogs
- Overhauled the recipes, recipe importing, and recipe removal to match the 1.12 JSON recipe system.
- Added advancement-based recipe unlocks to give players a better sense of what to do next.
- This required removing or reducing the scope of some configurations. Sorry.
- Expanded the chopping block to have variants for all vanilla wood types.
- New machine: the Sawmill!
- Does everything the chopping block do, except it’s powered like a furnace and it doesn’t have a concept of axe levels or fortune. If you want to get extra outputs, work for them!
How to install Survivalist Mod?
- Install Minecraft Forge.
- Put the mod’s .jar file you downloaded into mods directory.