The Basic Elements is a rather extraordinary mod that allows players to accomplish spell-casting feats that simply aren’t possible with vanilla Minecraft. As the name implies, the mod revolves entirely around the use of the four basic elements which are of course fire, water, earth and air. Through this mod, you’ll be able to manipulate these elements and use their powers to casts some pretty powerful spells that not only add a lot of depth to the gameplay but also make it significantly more enjoyable because of the insane variety of spells available.
The Basic Elements mod features a total of seven different spell orbs, each capable of casting different kinds of spells. The first four orbs are based on the four elements, but there are three special orbs as well which are the Nether orb, the Creative orb, and the Invisible orb. These special orbs give each player access to a lot of extremely creative spells that, when utilized properly, can turn even the worst of situations in their favor. Onto the spells themselves, those casted by the orbs of the basic elements revolve around dealing damage whereas those casted by the special orbs play a more utility oriented role.
The actual crafting process of the orbs in The Basic Elements mod is actually fairly straightforward as the recipes don’t require any expensive or rare ingredients that would require hours upon hours of searching. The only orb that you’ll have a slight bit of difficulty crafting is the Nether orb, but the rest are pretty easy to acquire. As for the technical side of this mod, no major issues have been reported yet so your experience should be fairly bug/glitch free. The Basic Elements mod is out for Minecraft 1.8 through 1.10 so as long as you have an up to date client, you should be able to use it without any compatibility problems.
- Air Orb
- Fire Orb
- Earth Orb
- Water Orb
- Nether Orb
- Invisible Orb
- Creative Orb
- Leaping Fire Orb
The Basic Elements Mod Changelogs
- Restored invisible and creative orb items.
- Reconstructed creativeorbentity.
- Restored rotation/spin of aether orb when thrown by right clicking.
- Fixed nether_orb typo summon command.
- For the sake of volcanoes, cannons, and other fiery things the old-school fire orb can now be summoned as leaping_fire_orb.
- Giving you a fire_orb that doesn’t only go in one direction, but can fly upwards and fall back down. (Cuz, sometimes you need that, like in Super Mario dungeons.)
- leaping_fire_orb doesn’t have an item, its just a summon.
- The linear fire_orb is the one with the item.
How to install The Basic Elements Mod?
- Download the mod!
- When you haven’t installed Minecraft Forge yet, download and install it.
- Move the downloaded .jar into the mods folder.
- Have fun!
Download Links for The Basic Elements Mod
for Minecraft 1.11
for Minecraft 1.10.2
for Minecraft 1.9.4
Credit: gurujive – Original Thread on CursForge