Totemic is a very unique mod that’s based around carving various different kinds of Totems. If you don’t know what totems are then, they’re basically sacred objects crafted from wood that serves as emblems and represents a certain group of people. It was believed that totems held great power and were capable of making many supernatural events happen, and this mod is based mainly around this concept. It adds a very in-depth totem system that adds an incredible amount of depth to the game and makes it much more immersive. The mod has been out for quite some time and as of recently, it’s been updated to work with Minecraft 1.10.2 which is of course great news.
Before you’re actually able to use the features of the Totemic mod, you’ll first have to craft a Totempedia through the recipe given in the mod. Once you have this item at your disposal, you’ll be able to learn all the mod’s features and will be able to utilize them however you want to. Crafting a totem is pretty simple since all you have to do is carve the base through the Knife included in the mod and then place the appropriate block on top of this base to form the entire body of your totem.
Totemic features multiple different totems based off of animals and each one of these has various unique special effects. The Horse totem gives nearby players a significant speed boost, the Bat totem gives players gliding powers, the Blaze totem gives fire resistance and alongside these, there are a bunch of other totems as well with their own special effects and bonuses. Other than totems, the Totemic mod also features a blow gun which is a ranged weapon that shoots many types of darts such as poison darts.
Totemic Mod for Minecraft Changelogs
v0.7.5 for Minecraft 1.10.2
- The central Tipi block now has a small bounding box
- The Tipi blocks can no longer be moved by pistons
- Drawing Baykok’s bow will now affect the field of view just like the vanilla bow
- Arrows shot by Baykok’s bow will only be invisible if they are regular arrows (not tipped or spectral)
- Arrows shot by Baykok’s bow are now faster but will no longer slow targets (unless shot by Baykok)
v0.7.1 for Minecraft 1.8.9
- Changed how the cooldwon of Flute and Rattle works. They should be less clunky to use now.
- The Rattle can now be used when aiming at a block
- The Flute Imbuation ceremony will now also affect flutes in your inventory, no longer requires dropping them on the ground
- The maximum startup time for Ceremonies now depends on world difficulty
- Increased the range of most Totem effects. Also, the ranges are now affected by the type of wood.
- Fixed Blaze totem effect range being too small
- Increased the strength of the Zsphkiel Waltz ceremony
- Disabled the effects of the Bat potion effect in creative mode
- Decreased Baykok’s movement and attack speed
- (Sunconure11) Changed Baykok’s texture
- Fixed Baykok’s hitbox
- The Ceremony HUD now has a section in the profile (Shift+F3)
- The chat messages from right-clicking Totem Bases with the staff are now localized
- Fixed the bucket issue.
- Fixed a derp on infused tree generation.
How to install Totemic Mod?
- First, install Minecraft Forge.
- Download Totemic and put the file into your “mods” folder.
- Run your game or server!
Download Link for Totemic Mod
for Minecraft 1.10.2 / 1.10 / 1.9.4
for Minecraft 1.8.9
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: ljfa – Original Thread on CursForge