Vanilla Magic is quite a useful mod that’s been designed to add a load of magic related features to Minecraft without actually adding any new items into the game. Although there are lots of amazing magic oriented mods available as of right now, one characteristic they all share is that they require the use of new items in order for their magic related elements to function, and this is something that hardcore players of vanilla Minecraft don’t particularly enjoy much. Fortunately, with the Vanilla Magic mod, players will be able to utilize various magical abilities without needing any new items.
It’s worth mentioning beforehand that since all the features of the Vanilla Magic mod revolve around the standard vanilla Minecraft items, the magical abilities aren’t really as powerful as those of other feature-filled magic mods. Also, the mod came out fairly recently so the amount of spells that it has isn’t necessarily that high and it’ll probably be a while before this can evolved into a full-fledged feature heavy mod. As of right now players can cast a bunch of relatively basic spells such as small fireballs, large fireballs, teleportation and they can even call down a massive meteor if things get a bit too grim.
One impressive feature that the Vanilla Magic mod possesses is the creative achievement system that allows players to keep track of their progress. This system gives players achievements as they increase their magical prowess and it even assigns them various kinds of quests to complete that will aid them on their journey to become masters of the craft. It’s important to remember that every time you earn a new achievement, the altar will be upgraded and because of this you will need to replace the cauldron present in it. Vanilla Magic is out right now for Minecraft 1.10.2 so players who’ve already updated to the latest version of the game likely won’t face any difficulties getting it to run.
- Tier 1 = Cauldron + Redstone around it
- Tier 2 = Iron Blocks
- Tier 3 = Gold Blocks
- Tier 4 = Redstone Blocks
- Tier 5 = Lapis Blocks
- Tier 6 = Diamond Blocks
- Tier 7 = Emerald Blocks
Vanilla Magic Mod for Minecraft 1.11.2 Changelogs
- [FIXED] Improved the Mob Spawners Book Data. In creative tab there are now books for Entities including Boats, XPBottles, etc. They are not available in survival game but they are for map makers. There will be book available for ANY Entity in-game, including mod entities. Books will drop after the Player breaks Mob Spawner.
- [FIXED] Improved Altar Smelting algorithm. (use in altar smelting and ore doubling). It should now use only as much fuel as it needs.
- [NEW] Quest Mob Spawner Drop Block.
- [FIXED] Quest Move Block By Book not moving Mob Spawners properly.
How to install Vanilla Magic Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.
Download Link for Vanilla Magic Mod
for Minecraft 1.11.2
for Minecraft 1.11
for Minecraft 1.10.2
Credit: seia6666 – Original Thread on CursForge