Village Names is a mod that might seem fairly standard on paper but, upon using it, you’ll see that it actually has a much bigger impact on the game than one would think. The mod’s been designed to tackle the issue of the Minecraft world feeling starting to feel stale after a while because all the buildings are just structures and all the villagers are just NPCs that you interact with from time to time. Thanks to this mod, each one of these entities in the game is assigned a name thereby making them a lot more memorable and, in turn, making the world of Minecraft seem a lot livelier.
The basic functionality of the Village Names is that it assigns names to all the villagers and structures of Minecraft thereby making them a lot more memorable. However, other than the naming, the mod features some other functionality as well that make it quite worthwhile. There’s a sort of reputation system in the mod through which you’ll be able to interact with villagers in a variety of different ways. The more your reputation is, the better the villagers will respond to you and this system definitely breathes new life into the Minecraft experience.
Alongside all the aforementioned functionality, Village Names has a bunch of other features that we won’t get into the specifics of as it’ll probably spoil the experience. However, we definitely want to point out that this mod is worth installing because, while it might not seem like much at first sight, it’s still more than capable of making the Minecraft experience a lot more enjoyable. All said and done, if you want to make the entities in Minecraft more memorable, Village Names is a mod that you simply cannot pass up on because of how perfectly it executes this task.
Village Names Mod Update Logs
- Bugfix: Two-letter names are now NEVER the same two letters, rather than ALWAYS the same two letters (stupid code mistake on my part).
- Added OP command for generating name lists: vn_name <nameType> [numberToMake]
- Bugfix: Default Blacksmith career tag is now called “Blacksmith” and not “Armorer”
- Notice: vn_othermods.cfg has renamed its categories, so if you changed these values from their defaults, you may need to do that again and delete the vestigial categories.
- Change: You can’t make a Codex while crouched. This will prevent the double-Codex bug.
- Change: The Monument Book icon is different.
- Bugfix: Fixed crash related to village books created by non-vanilla villagers.
How to install Village Names Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.