If you’re like most Minecraft players, then you end up with stacks and stacks of resources you don’t necessarily need, yet can’t seem to stop collecting. At some point in the game, you stop building and focus on surviving, unless you’re playing Creative of course. But what happens with all the materials you’ve gathered up to that point? The Wood Converter mod can help you to do something with any wood you have lying around in storage. It’s not much, but you can turn planks, stairs, slabs and more into different wood types, as well as turn sticks to planks to wood blocks, like building in reverse.
The Wood Converter mod doesn’t give you any more or fewer materials then you would normally have, considering what you put into your workbench. So, if you want to craft a wooden block, you will need four planks; planks will need multiple sticks and so forth. You can also convert foliage from one type of tree to another type of tree, and even change your saplings to other types whenever you want, though that last recipe does require more materials than it provides in the end. For every 9 saplings of one type, you can get 3 saplings of another type.
Wood Converter Mod for Minecraft 1.11.2 and 1.10.2 Changelogs
- Added recipes for the new fences.
- Added recipes for the new fence gates.
- Implemented recipes for the new doors (do not currently work for some reason).
How to install Wood Converter Mod?
- Download the latest installer of Forge.
- Download Wood Converter mod.
- Drag the whole Wood Converter file into your .minecraft/mods folder. If the folder “mods” doesn’t exist, create it.
- Close everything, start Minecraft and enjoy!
Download Links for Wood Converter Mod
for Minecraft 1.11.2
for Minecraft 1.11
for Minecraft 1.10.2
for Minecraft 1.9.4
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: bl4ckscor3 – Original Thread on Minecraft Forum