The World Downloader Mod is basically a mod that allows players to download a multiplayer world that they’re currently playing on and then convert that download into a single player world that they can, later on, use however they prefer. Normally when playing Minecraft online you’re bound to run into servers that have some very creative worlds that you’d like to experiment with on your own, and this mod is perfect for such situations since it’ll allow you to download the world that you’re playing on an once you’ve done this you can tinker around with it and use it in whatever way you please.
Using the World Downloader Mod is a pretty simple and straightforward process. Once you’ve applied the mod, simply go to any multiplayer world and play on it. While playing on the world, you can hit the escape key to open up the usual game menu but due to the mod, there’ll be another option that says ‘download this world’. Once you hit that button, you’ll be asked to give a name to the world that you’re downloading after which the mod will take care of the rest. It’s a pretty easy process that you’ll probably be able to get the hang of in mere minutes.
One very crucial thing that you’ll always need to keep in mind about the World Downloader Mod is that it’s actually banned on quite a lot of servers. This is probably due to the fact that some players simply don’t want their work to be copied, modified and reused by others and this is why before you use this mod you will need to make sure that the server that you are about to use it on doesn’t have it banned in order to prevent any issues from coming up.
How to install World Downloader Mod?
- Download MultiMC from its website.
- Run MultiMC.
- Select the new instance button
- This window will appear. Enter the name (“1.9_WDL”), optionally select a group (“WDL”), and make sure that the version is 1.9.
- Then, select OK once you’ve got what you want.
- If this is your first time using MultiMC, it will download the game assets (sounds and such). This might take a minute or so.
- Once you’re back at the main MultiMC screen, select “edit instance” in the sidebar.
- Select “Add jar mod” in the side bar. You may be prompted to confirm that this is the right way to install the mod; in the case of World Downloader, it is.
- Select the zip file for the mod that you downloaded earlier.
- Close the edit instance window, and then launch your newly installed version by double-clicking it or by selecting play.
Download Links for World Downloader Mod
for Minecraft 1.9
for Minecraft 1.8.9
for Minecraft 1.8
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: Pokechu22 – Original Thread on Minecraft Forum