Making a map in Minecraft can be a tough prospect, especially when you’re just starting off in a new world and it is one of the items you desperately need. That’s a brutal kind of irony when you think about it, but thankfully there are some mods that can alleviate the grief of getting lost in your hundredth new world, or whatever the number might be. Xaero’s Minimap mod gives players a miniature map with a bird’s eye view of their current location and their immediate surroundings. It is essentially the exact same minimap system from the Better PVP Mod, only as a standalone feature.
This is great news for players who have been banned from online servers for using the Better PVP Mod and it is good news even for the ones who haven’t because it gives a reliable, easy-to-read map which is always present. The location of the map can be moved to various corners of the screen, and it works both above and below ground level, seamlessly switching from a surface view to a cave view. Mobs will show up as yellow dots, players as white, usable items as red and other things like picture frames and arrows will appear as purple dots. Xaero’s Minimap mod could be the best map mod in Minecraft today.
Xaero’s Minimap Mod Changelogs
for Minecraft 1.12.2
- Fixed the game crashing when switching waypoint sets after starting the game with all waypoint-related features disabled.
- Fixed the game crashing when going into skin customization settings with some other compatibility-related factors in play.
- Fixed slime chunks not working with waypoints disabled.
- Improved the logic behind updating the default minimap loader chunks when the lighting changes.
- Waypoints from overworld while in nether will now appear as if their coordinates are divided by 8. Creating and teleporting to waypoints is also supported.
- Fixed distance to waypoints precision. Makes sense for it to be more precise, now that it’s possible to view distance under 20 since 126.96.36.199.
- Fixed a rare crash when using the mod alongside the world map mod.
for Minecraft 1.11.2
- Fixed config file not working properly with modified /config folder locations.
- Fixed automatic updater (Patreon reward) not working correctly with jars that are not directly in the /mods folder.
- Fixed automatic updater (Patreon reward) not working for renamed mod jars.
- Updating the mod manually will now also open the correct jar folder if it’s not the /mods folder.
How to install Xaero’s Minimap Mod?
- Because this mod works with Minecraft Forge, you must download it and install it on your Minecraft.
- Download the mod jar file and do not extract the jar file!
- Go to “C:/Users/YOUR USER/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/mods” or to equivalent folder on other OS’ and put the jar file from the “Forge” folder in there.
- Now, just open Minecraft with Forge profile!