If you want to empower yourself with information regarding your surroundings, then you should definitely consider using the Xaero’s World Map mod. There are lots of other mods available for Minecraft that add fully functional maps to the game but what sets this particular mod apart from them is the fact that the map that it brings to the table is actually full-screen and isn’t a tiny little mini-map that’ll hang on some corner of your screen. Out of the few full-screen world map mods available for Minecraft, Xaero’s World Map is probably the best option right now.
The Xaero’s World Map mod basically implements a full-fledged self-writing fullscreen map into Minecraft that’s loaded with information regarding the game world. This map will tell you pretty much every single thing you need to know regarding the terrain of the server/dimension/world that you’re currently on. The map is fully interactive so you can open it up and scroll around by using your mouse as the control. If you want to analyze a specific area in more detail, then you can zoom in as well. The map also fully supports texture packs, so it’ll actually update its visuals depending on the pack that you use.
On top of all the other great things that it has to offer, the Xaero’s World Map mod has a very neat footsteps feature which will basically draw footsteps on the map that represent where you’ve been recently. Through this feature, you’ll be able to get a better understanding of how you’re supposed to navigate through the game world. The Xaero’s World Map mod functions in both singleplayer and multiplayer, and it has full integration with Xaero’s Minimap as well so we highly recommend using both these mods in conjunction with one another.
Xaero’s World Map Mod Features
- Self-writing world map. Different for every world/dimension/server.
- Works in Singleplayer, Multiplayer and on Realms.
- Interactive interface. Open by pressing M. Move the map around with your mouse and zoom in/out using the mouse wheel, similar to google maps.
- MultiWorld / Lilypadded servers support.
- Minecraft Realms support (also supports multiple worlds on 1 realm).
- Texture Pack support. Changing the texture packs updates the whole world map and not just the new chunks.
- Cave dimensions support (similar to Nether).
- Vanilla maps mode. Makes the world map look like vanilla paper maps.
- Terrain texture customization.
- “Footsteps” showing your most recent path.
- Optional performance boosters.
- Xaero’s Minimap integration. Minimap will display chunks loaded by the world map. World map will display waypoints from Xaero’s Minimap. Also works with Better PVP mod.
Xaero’s World Map Mod Changelogs
- Upgrade to Minecraft 1.11.
- Compatible with Xaero’s Minimap/Better PVP version 1.11.4 and above.
- Fixed rare random crash.
- Fixed automatic updater (Patreon reward) not working correctly with jars that are not directly in the /mods folder.
- Fixed automatic updater (Patreon reward) not working for renamed mod jars.
- Updating the mod manually will now also open the correct jar folder if it’s not the /mods folder.
How to install Xaero’s World Map Mod?
- Download Forge installer, open it and install.
- Open the Minecraft launcher and select Forge in the profile list.
- Click Edit Profile and then Open Game Dir, this opens the game folder.
- Create a new folder called mods.
- Download the mod and put it into the mods folder.
Download Links for Xaero’s World Map Mod
for Minecraft 1.12
for Minecraft 1.11.2 / 1.11
for Minecraft 1.10.2
for Minecraft 1.10 / 1.9.4
for Minecraft 1.8.9
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: xaero96 – Website: chocolateminecraft.com