If you’ve ever seen some of the videos or gameplay for other shaders mods then you know how they can significantly improve the appearance of Minecraft. The only problem with this is, those mods tend to gobble up graphics resources and demand more oomph than the majority of players are capable of producing with their machines, despite the fact Minecraft is such a blocky and low resolution game in general. The yShaders mod does something few other mods do by optimizing Minecraft’s shaders and adding performance enhancements intended to work with integrated Intel graphics chips.
Basically, that’s the kind of graphics you have lurking on your motherboard, without even adding a graphics card to your computer. That’s usually around 8 MB or something else insanely low and weak, but with the yShaders mod even low-end and older computers can get Minecraft to look pretty fantastic. This mod also adds a new color filter, a new shader for water and other nice additions. Even though this mod is designed specifically for older computers, it still works better with newer machines, especially if you’re running a 64 bit version of Windows (since it demands a 64 bit version of Java) and Optifine Ultra.
yShaders Mod for Minecraft 1.8 and 1.7.10 Changelogs
- Decreased the brightness, as well as the intensity of the lens flare effect.
- A new water shader has been added.
- Fixes a bug that users were experiencing with the water shaders having “chunk lines”.
How to install yShaders Mod?
- Be sure to have the latest drivers for your graphic card.
- Download and install GLSL Shader Mod by karyonix and yShaders Mod!
- Launch Minecraft, and go to Options->Shaders->Open ShaderPack folder, and and copy yShaders Shaders here.
Download Links for yShaders Mod
for Minecraft 1.8/1.7.10
Note: yShaders has been discontinued.
Please use the following shaders: Chocapic13’s Shaders
Credit: sensi277 – Original Thread on Minecraft Forum