Ambient Sounds is an absolutely spectacular mod that makes the world of Minecraft seem much more lively and immersive. Exploring the game world of Minecraft is a delightful activity because the game is filled to the brim with many great sights to see but, as amazing as the game world is, it feels a tad bit dull and stale at times, and this can take away from the experience a bit. The Ambient Sounds mod makes it so that the world of Minecraft always seems alive at all times and this makes exploration a much more exciting and engaging activity.
The Ambient Sounds mod basically implements a whole bunch of minor sound effects into the game that keep playing in the background. The best part about this mod is the fact that it’s very in-depth and it adds a variety of different sound effects for each individual biome. For example, when exploring grassy biomes, you’ll hear the sounds of crickets, birds and various other creatures that one would generally encounter in a forest. However, when exploring a snowy biome, you’ll probably hear the sounds of the wind roaring and the snow falling. All these sound effects make the game world seem seems like it is alive and this enhances the Minecraft experience to a whole new level.
It’s important to keep in mind that the Ambient Sounds mod came out fairly recently and while it supports a pretty significant amount of biomes, it doesn’t support all of them. It’s also worth remembering that the mod is compatible with biome related mods like Biomes O’ Plenty but, as mentioned earlier, not all the biomes will be supported. For biomes that aren’t supported, the mod only implements wind sound effects and even these fit in nicely in the environment. Overall, Ambient Sounds is a very creatively designed mod that makes the Minecraft experience much livelier.
Ambient Sounds Mod for Minecraft 1.12.2 Changelogs
- Fixed strange weathersound (thunder) behavior
- Fixed missing biomes o plenty biome (delete config file in order to update it)
- Fixed not repeating sound
- Fixed sometimes not playing sound properly
- Fixed threaded issue
- Rewrote height&biome tracker
- Added playing sounds of nearby biomes
How to install Ambient Sounds Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .zip file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.