Ant Farm Survival Map is just what it sounds like – a giant ant farm-like map full of challenges to beat. With a ton of objectives to reach, arduous and threatening terrain, and some mob spawners to make it even more of a challenge, the map is a great new way to test Minecraft skills at any level.
A unique feature of the map is that it allows to complete challenges in the mainland as well as the Nether. The opaque walls in the map make it especially challenging to play the lower you go down inside – made of re-textured bedrock, it gets increasingly darker and more difficult to see your surroundings. You also must craft your own charcoal since there is no coral ore.
The challenges in the map include:
- Making a bow
- Making glass
- Making a bucket
- Making iron tools
- Making an infinite water source
- Finding and harvesting sugar cane
- Making a bookshelf
- Enchanting an item
- Making a house
- Finding, harvesting and growing red and brown giant mushrooms
- Finding and activating the hidden chicken spawner
- Making a cake
- Making TNT
- Taming a wolf
- Making a wheat farm
- Making a melon farm
- Making a compass
- Finding and harvesting all 8 diamonds
- Destroying / disabling all spawners (Total 18 hostile spawners)
Then there are the Nether challenges:
- Get gold nuggets
- Make a clock
- Make a golden apple
- Find and harvest glowstone
- Find the Nether Fortress
- Find the treasure room in the Nether Fortress
- Destroy all Nether Spawners (Total 14)
- Make a healing potion
The map features some hidden surprises to keep you busy during your challenges along the way. These include hidden ores, mob spawners, and detailed rooms you’ll want to stop and gawk at.
Ant Farm Survival Map for Minecraft Changelogs
- Biggest graphical overhaul since version 2; Everything is much more detailed!
A giant zombie by the giant door, which can break it!
Updated texture pack, without it, room will look even crazier now!
Fixed an unexpected occurence that had a chance of happening in the treasure room.
Mobs will no longer spawn in windows, meaning higher spawn rate in the ant farm!
Less impossible to get the diamond block under the bed. But still hard!
Changed up the easter eggs outside the giant room!
Download Links for Ant Farm Survival Map