If you’re looking for a unique parkour experience, then the Blockrunner map is just what you’ve been seeking. The map features 5 distinct levels and the entire course should take less than an hour complete unless you’re terrible at parkour. But there’s nothing really unique about maps like that, right? Right. The thing that sets Blockrunner apart from other parkour maps is the special blocks scattered around the map. When standing on these blocks and for a short time after moving off of them, you will get special boosts and powers to help you run and jump faster and farther.
The rules for Blockrunner are simple. First, make sure you’re playing in single player. It might be fun to try racing a friend in a parkour map, so if you really want to you can both play alone and compare your results, but the map simply wasn’t made for multiple players. There are points where you could “cheat” or skip sections of the course as well – this is prohibited and against the rules. Make sure you’re playing on Survival mode as well since there are blocks which can kill you, so going through Blockrunner with invincibility could kind of be cheating.
Blockrunner Map Rules
- Play in singleplayer.
- Don’t cheat or skip parts.
- Renderdistance set on 10 chucks.
- Magenta = Clear all effects.
- Orange = Monkey Bar (Look up to use).
- Blue = Teleport 5 blocks up.
- Green = Jump Boost.
- Red = Kill.
- Light Blue = Checkpoint.
- Yellow = Speed.
- Light Grey = Teleport 5 blocks down.
- Brown = Wall Glider (You can stand around this block).
- Purple = Nausea.
- Black = Blindness.
- Grey = Wither.
How to install Blockrunner Map?
- Press the Windows or Start button, then press R. This will open the Run prompt.
- Type %appdata% into the prompt and run the command.
- A folder filled with other folders will now open. Just find the Minecraft folder among these and open it.
- In .minecraft you will find another folder, saves. Unzip and move your world file into this folder and you’re all done.
Download Links for Blockrunner Map
for Minecraft 1.8.X
Note: There is a custom Resource Pack included with this map, you will need to place it in the “resourcepacks” folder.