If you’re looking for an interesting new map to try and clear in Minecraft, Deep Freeze will give you what you’re after. It’s not quite an adventure map, it’s not quite a parkour map, but it’s rather a nice mix of both genres. The objective in Deep Freeze map is to move up, always climbing up towards the top of the cave you’re stuck in, thereby winning the map. Unfortunately, you can’t place blocks to help you do this, so it’s pretty difficult to keep going up once you hit a dead end. That’s where the interesting part of this map comes into play.
See, blocks of ice will regularly fall from the top of the cave to try and crush you as you play. They will fall onto the same block where you are standing, and if you are smart, you can use that falling ice to make stairways and other structures for yourself, so you can make it to the mouth of the cave up at the top of the map. The interesting part of Deep Freeze is that while you can’t technically place any blocks to help yourself, if you can overcome the crushing bits of ice falling from above, you can still win.
Deep Freeze Map Rules
- Play on peaceful.
- Set your render distance to 10 or more.
- Please do not change your gamemode!
How to install Deep Freeze Map?
- Press the Windows or Start button, then press R. This will open the Run prompt.
- Type %appdata% into the prompt and run the command.
- A folder filled with other folders will now open. Just find the Minecraft folder among these and open it.
- In .minecraft you will get another folder, saves. Unzip and move your world file into this folder and you’re all done.
Download Links for Deep Freeze Map
for Minecraft 1.8.X