Minecraft is a game that looks blocky and cubic by default. But it’s surprisingly demanding on CPU and GPU resources for looking so simple. Perhaps this is why resource packs, like the LB Photorealism Reload pack, are so popular with the majority of players. Not only do these packs make the game look much better, but in doing so they kind of justify the resource hogging which Minecraft does when it’s being played. As for this specific pack, it’s been a long time in development. Handed from one developer to another already, it’s been a couple years since a full version of the pack first released.
The texture resolution for the LB Photorealism Reload resource pack is 128x, which is neither so high that the average player can’t use it, nor so low that no noticeable difference would be seen in the blocks, items, and other textures that make up Minecraft. That’s about 8 times more pixels per texture than you would get with Minecraft’s vanilla 16x resolution, so yes, there is a significant difference that you will notice immediately. In fact, you’ll probably notice there are 3D models that actually look 3D within a minute or two of turning on LB Photorealism Reload.
It’s not just the block textures which get an overhaul here. The user interface is quite different, and many items are also changed, including swords, which actually look like swords in this pack instead of blunt objects you bash stuff to death with. The water and lava graphics are also fairly nice, though the animations for each are nothing to write home about. Overall, LB Photorealism Reload is what you would expect from a photorealistic resource pack, so if that’s what you’re after, have a look.
LB Photorealism Reload Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.8.9 Changelogs
- Custom models for double slabs.
- Custom model for quartz slabs.
- Custom model for item frame.
- Fixed model for wooden stairs.
- Changed stone stairs model back to default (new model coming in 1.9).
- Changed leaves models a little bit.
- Fixed the position of items in hands.
- Changed models of oak and iron doors.
How to install LB Photorealism Reload?
- Download the resourcepack.
- Open resourcepacks folder(%appdata%\.minecraft\resourcepacks).
- Drag and drop LBPR-1.8-Release x128.zip archive to the resourcepacks folder.
- Launch your Minecraft.
- Go to Options > Resoursepacks.
- Move the pack to the right side of the menu.
- Click “Done”!
Download Links for LB Photorealism Reload Resource Pack
for Minecraft 1.8.X