MiscTweaks is a simple, straightforward and highly effective Minecraft mod that’s been designed for players who want an extensive degree of control over how they play the game. The mod won’t have any drastic impact on your gameplay experience because it doesn’t bring any new functionality into the mix but, all things considered, this is a mod that you’ll certainly want to try out if you want to alter the fine details of Minecraft according to your preferences. The learning curve of MiscTweaks is a bit steep, so it takes a bit of getting used to but, once you’ve gotten the hang of things, you’ll be able to use the mod to great extent.
The MiscTweaks mod basically gives players a bunch of different options through which they can fine-tune the gameplay experience according to your liking. You’ll be able to force certain game modes, force difficulties, adjust the render distance, adjust the brightness, alter the text and do tons of other creative things. The mod also gives players the ability to adjust their health regeneration, their exhaustion and starvation values according to their preferences. The options featured in this mod are a bit overwhelming at times but, when utilized properly, you can certainly make your experience a lot better.
It’s worth mentioning that most of the features in the MiscTweaks don’t really have that big of an impact on the game when used by themselves but, when you utilize all the options together and adjust them according to your preferences, you’ll be able have a drastic impact on how the game works. As for the technical side of things, MiscTweaks functions quite smoothly and doesn’t have any noticeable bugs so it’s highly unlikely that there’ll be anything that’ll hinder your experience while using it. All things considered, MiscTweaks is a mod that you should certainly consider trying out if you want a higher degree of control over your Minecraft universe.
The full list of options:
- Force a certain difficulty and/or game mode
- Force a certain world type
- Disable cheats globally
- Disable bonus chests globally
- Set a maximum render distance
- Set a maximum brightness level
- Disable lava pockets in the nether
- Change the text in the lower left corner of the main menu
- Remove the realms button from the main menu
- Remove the copyright information from the main menu
- Set the amount of damage dealt by drowning
- Disable sleep
- Set the amount of health regen given by a full hunger bar
- Set the amount of exhaustion regen given by a full hunger bar
- Set the amount of damage dealt by starvation
How to install MiscTweaks Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.