The Power Tools mod is all about saving players time by making mundane operations process more quickly. This takes a lot of the time out of gathering resources and allows you to get more done during your gameplay, letting you gather up what you need faster so you can hurry up and craft or build. You get two different drills, the Shaft Drill which breaks 2×2 sections with each operation, and the Wide Bore Drill, which breaks 3×3 chunks with each operation. These make digging mineshafts and tunnels much easier – and faster – than ever before. Just be careful not to dig straight down.
Additionally, you’ve got the chainsaw which can fell an entire tree with one click. It’s good for chopping up leaves as well, but it will pretty much break instantly if you use it on anything else because of how fast it operates and the penalty you get when using the wrong tools for a job. The Power Tools mod also includes a jackhammer for breaking harder blocks faster – it actually works faster the harder a block is which makes mining obsidian a breeze. All of these tools need oil to work and you make that by mixing coal with water.
Power Tools Mod for Minecraft 1.8.1 and 1.6.4 Changelogs
- Fixed enchantment effects for drills.
- Reduced occurrence of phantom blocks due to client/server desync.
- Added oil refinery to creative tab.
- Fixed a bug with oil detection for bare hands.
How to install Power Tools Mod for Minecraft?
- Download and install Minecraft Forge for Minecraft 1.6.4 (recommended version)
- Download the Power Tools ZIP file to your minecraft/mods folder
Download Links for Power Tools Mod
for Minecraft 1.6.4