Prefab is an incredibly clever mod that implements some extremely convenient features into Minecraft that are sure to help players as they embark on their adventures. The Prefab mod, short for pre-fabricated, allows players to gain access to a variety of ready-made structures and other things in an instant. In order to create a structure in Minecraft, players usually have to make quite a lot of effort arranging the blocks and setting them up but this particular mod makes it so that players can create buildings directly on their crafting table and instantly place them in the game world with a click.
Perhaps the most impressive thing about the Prefab mod is that the structures created by it have their own functionality and aren’t just purely visual. The very first item that you’ll encounter in this mod is the configurable starter house that you can set up immediately whenever you head out for a survival-focused adventure. This starter house will allow you to store your tools and food in a convenient place and it’ll also give you shelter at night time when the creatures are lurking. Alongside this starter house, there are tons of other structures such as a horse stable where you can house your horses, a chicken coop that can serve as a home for your chicken, a warehouse that’ll store everything you have and, alongside all these, there are various other structures that you’ll be able to place in the game world for your convenience.
On top of the tons of structures that Prefab already has to offer, the mod’s creator has also stated plans to implement a variety of new ones as well such as a full-fledged castle, a defense bunker, and even modular housing. Overall, Prefab is a cleverly designed mod that we certainly urge players to try out.
Prefab Mod Update Logs
- Add Chests – Determines if the chests are added when the house is generated.
- Include Chest Contents – Determines if the chest contents for the first time house generation are included.
- Build Mineshaft – Determines if the mineshaft is generated when the house is built.
- Note: Even if the mineshaft is not generated the trap door for the mineshaft spot will still be there.
How to install Prefab Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.