The TUMAT mod, short for Tell Us More About This, is an insanely useful mod that’s been designed to provide players with all the information they need immediately. This is an excellent mod and is incredibly useful during situations in which you don’t know about any particular item or entity and need information about it at that very moment. The mod is quite similar to the WAILA (What Am I Looking At Mod) so if you’ve used that one before then you’ll probably be familiar with the features of this one as well.
TUMAT basically gives players in-game tooltips whenever they need to find out about something in-game. Using the mod is extremely easy as well since you don’t need to actually do anything in order to use its features. Whenever you need information about something all you have to do is look at it up close and the mod will do the rest for you. When you’re close enough for the mod to function, a tool-tip will pop up consisting of all the important details of that particular item, entity or whatever the object of interest is at that particular time.
As of right now, there doesn’t seem to be any particular reason for players to use the TUMAT mod over the other similar mods that have surfaced before it. However, the mod is still pretty young as it came out less than a week ago, so it’s entirely possible for it to get new features after a few updates. The TUMAT mod is configurable as well so you can alter its specifics through the config such as how close an object needs to be in order to be identified. It’s worth noting, though, that if you’re using this mod on a server, you won’t have direct control over its configuration.
TUMAT Mod Changelogs
TUMAT Mod for Minecraft 1.11 / 1.11.2
- Removed RF compatibility, cause nobody uses it anymore
- Renamed ForgeUnits to Energy, cause every mod give it another name
- Fixed name for special ItemBlocks like doors, crops
- Fixed inventory free slots tooltip
- Fixed typo inside of the config -> show inventory states have to be enabled again
- Activated ForgeUnits integration, cause I forgot to
- Fixed broken Actually Additions integration
TUMAT Mod for Minecraft 1.10.2
- Actually fixed ItemStack null checks
- Removed JSONNameRemapper
- Reworked config system (old config file aren’t compatible)
- Better IC2 integration
- A lot of internal changes
- Added a transparent background layer as a config version
- Added a inventory status tooltip (disabled per default)
How to install TUMAT Mod?
- First, install Minecraft Forge.
- Download WorldEdit and put the file into your “mods” folder.
- Run your game or server!
Download Links for TUMAT Mod
for Minecraft 1.11 / 1.11.2
for Minecraft 1.10.2
Credit: canitzp – Original Thread on CursForge