Like the name suggests, the Water Dome Survival map is all about gathering resources, building farms and raising livestock while trying to stay alive at the bottom of the ocean. A nice tough here is that the surface of the ocean has actually been replaced with layers of bedrock and stone, so it’s actually impossible for you to escape the water and make your way onto the land. Or at least it’s very difficult. You could theoretically travel to the Nether, then build another portal somewhere to use as an exit to return to the normal world, where you should be on the surface somewhere.
Speaking of the Nether, you can actually find a special glass dome in that place as well. The other 8 outside of your starting point can all be found in the normal overworld, though they will also be at the bottom of the ocean. This makes traveling around between domes a very dangerous experience. Before you go adventuring, you’ll probably want to work on getting something enchanted with water breathing. Barring that, you could always pack some extra torches and use the glitch where they replace water for a second when placed underwater – this will give you the air you need to travel long distances.
Water Dome Survival Map Challenges
- Build a furnace.
- Expand the Dome.
- Make a wheat farm.
- Make bread.
- Make a melon farm.
- Make a pumpkin farm.
- Make a reed/sugarcane farm.
- Make a cactus farm.
- Build a mob spawner. Bonus: One that gives experience points.
- Cook fish.
- Find all the Domes in the overworld.
- Make a red mushroom farm.
- Make a brown mushroom farm.
- Make giant red and brown mushrooms.
- Build a bed.
- Make various dyes.
- Make mushroom stew.
- Build a bookcase.
- Get an Ender-pearl.
- Craft a Jack O’lantern.
- Craft Snow Golems.
- Craft a Painting.
- Make a Nether portal.
- Find the Dome in the Nether
- Kill a Blaze
- Go to the End
- Kill the Ender Dragon
- Kill a Wither
- Kill the boss in the Water Village
How to install Water Dome Survival Map?
- Press the Windows or Start button, then press R. This will open the Run prompt.
- Type %appdata% into the prompt and run the command.
- A folder filled with other folders will now open. Just find the Minecraft folder among these and open it.
- In .minecraft you will get another folder, saves. Unzip and move your world file into this folder and you’re all done.
Download Links for Water Dome Survival Map
for Minecraft 1.8.X