There’s just something fun about the bloody, visceral combat the world’s warriors used to engage in hundreds (or thousands) of years ago. These days single soldier don’t really determine the outcome of battles anymore – heck, the battles themselves have changed too. If you just love the ways people fought back in ancient history, you’ll probably really like the Ancient Warfare 2 mod, which adds a number of weapons from throughout time to the world of Minecraft. The best thing about this mod is that every element is handled by an individual module, which means players can use only the parts they want.
Anyone downloading the Ancient Warfare 2 mod will want to start with the Core module, which is required for all the other modules to work. The Structure module allows the user to input new templates which are then utilized during world construction – this makes it possible to make NPC villages more useful, or cause random dungeons to spawn in the wilderness. Then you have the NPC module for non-player characters, the Automation module to automate tasks like farming, the Vehicle module to add new rides to Minecraft and more. Some of the modules are more complete than others.
The Ancient Warfare 2 mod includes weaponry like the catapult, used to sling heavy loads over long distances, as well as the trebuchet, which is a similar type of construct. There are different types of ammunition for these launchers too, like stone shot and scatter shot, which is a load made up of super-powered arrows that do far more damage than normal. Some of these weapons are able to destroy buildings and put holes in walls, which opens up opportunities for establishing some sort of medieval war server. That’s the kind of gameplay the mod’s author had in mind when putting it together.
Ancient Warfare 2 Mod Update Logs
- Fixed skull placement in structures.
- Fixed issue with iron sword not being recognized in research when Astral Sorcery is in the pack.
- Fixed baton, hammer, and quill to be held as rod-like items.
- Fixed NPE with FTB Utils claims.
- Removed teleport hub, headquarters and all the auto loading of chunks in town halls. These did not have recipes and were not really used.
- Added integration with FTBUtils for shared access to blocks for all players in the same FTBU team.